Mosin Nagant 91/30 group buy?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    People are making this much harder than it should be. First off, the thread says 91/30 group buy, not 53 or M44. If you want one of those look elsewhere. Second it should be run like the Poly lower group buy we did last year. The poly buy worked because we were able to make checks individually out to JoeBob and they were all sent in by one person. So we need three things a person to send in the checks in one big envelope (sugarbug), an FFL (bigjakewelch) and a dealer willing to accept individual checks (??). Once we get a price we can make a new thread and start a list. Keep it open for a few days to gain people then announce a cut off date for it. The hard part is keeping it to intervals of 20 but that will work itself out.

I did this on my phone so sorry about any mistakes and sorry to be bossy but I hate to see a group buy fall apart.

Last edited:

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    People are making this much harder than it should be. First off, the thread says 91/30 group buy, not 53 or M44. If you want one of those look elsewhere. Second it should be run like the Poly lower group buy we did last year. The poly buy worked because we were able to make checks individually out to JoeBob and they were all sent in by one person. So we need three things a person to send in the checks in one big envelope (sugarbug), an FFL (bigjakewelch) and a dealer willing to accept individual checks (??). Once we get a price we can make a new thread and start a list. Keep it open for a few days to gain people then announce a cut off date for it. The hard part is keeping it to intervals of 20 but that will work itself out.

I did this on my phone so sorry about any mistakes and sorry to be bossy but I hate to see a group buy fall apart.

Most of us will take what we can get. Whether it be 91/30 or m44. And we could do money orders if need be. Maybe we can work out a group buy on the archangel stocks as well :)

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    I'm cool with accepting payments, but I think it would be best if I secured the crate on my CC first. Thoughts?

That makes sense. Then we would send our payments to you, covering your layout. No need to find a FFL to accept numerous individual checks or money orders.

Just let us know unit pricing when you can. I'll gladly send payment ahead of time.

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    That makes sense. Then we would send our payments to you, covering your layout. No need to find a FFL to accept numerous individual checks or money orders.

Just let us know unit pricing when you can. I'll gladly send payment ahead of time.

I worry about the legality here, though. If I accept an entire crate, but with the initial premise that I'm only keeping one or two rifles and the others are going to other people (at cost... no profit)... am I within legal boundaries?

To further complicate things, BO says that all private transfers have to go through an FFL for a background check. So do we need 20 back ground checks? 1 for each rifle?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I worry about the legality here, though. If I accept an entire crate, but with the initial premise that I'm only keeping one or two rifles and the others are going to other people (at cost... no profit)... am I within legal boundaries?

To further complicate things, BO says that all private transfers have to go through an FFL for a background check. So do we need 20 back ground checks? 1 for each rifle?

You pay for the rifles. They get shipped to the FFL. There is one background check for each customer when they pick them up from the FFL.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux

Good questions. Let's let an expert chime in.

bs875 answered the question while I was typing my response. :)

Last edited:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    If we are all going to pay sugar I say we keep it to mailed checks. PayPal is too risky as they could freeze his account plus all the monies that were sent to him

Last edited:

Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell

I think the straw purchase isn't a concern so long as each person who buys a rifle goes through their own background check.

But I'm definitely eager to stay within the law here. I don't like any of you enough to lose my gun rights for :)

Col_Sanders

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Deridder
    I BELIEVE (From an experience with AIM Surplus) that you need to provide names and phone #s for all the people buying the rifles when you make the payment.

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I think the straw purchase isn't a concern so long as each person who buys a rifle goes through their own background check.

But I'm definitely eager to stay within the law here. I don't like any of you enough to lose my gun rights for :)

Yeah I thought about it and realized it wasn't a straw doing it the way a few people mentioned.

You try royal tiger imports?

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I BELIEVE (From an experience with AIM Surplus) that you need to provide names and phone #s for all the people buying the rifles when you make the payment.

The seller doesn't need to know who will end up with the rifles. They get money, they ship to FFL. Who buys is between the group, the FFL and their 4473.

Top Bottom