SOLD: Indian Enfield rifle chambered in 7.62x51 NATO 308, Ishapore 2A1

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tikanni

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Metairie, LA
    Alright guys,

I recently picked this up from another member, and I already have my eye on something else. So being my newest gun, it's the first to go.

This is the ad from the other member.

Indian Enfield rifle chambered in 7.62x51 NATO 308, Ishapore 2A1

This is a fairly rare Enfield rifle chambered in 7.62x51 NATO (similar to 308 Win). These rifles were made by Ishapore in India to be a stop gap between the Enfield rifle chambered in 303 British and the FAL chambered in 7.62 NATO. This is a factory gun and not a re-chambered British 303. This is a great rifle if you've ever wanted an Enfield but didn't want to have the hard to find and more expensive 303 British rounds. I have two of these rifles and I love how smooth the bolt action is. The rifle feeds from a detachable 12 round magazine (oh, noes, a high capacity assault magazine!) and it can be top loaded using stripper clips. I have stripped the rifle down and boiled off the cosmoline after which I drove off the water in a 200 degree oven to prevent rust. That was followed with a light coat of CLP. The extractor is a brand new spring from Wolff since I broke the original extractor during reassembly (at least now I know how not to break it). The finish is original and is flaking in several places. The wood looks good and is a nice dark color. The bore looks decent to me though I will be the first to admit I don't know how to properly judge a bore. It certainly shot well at Sherburne. The numbers on the receiver, bolt and front sight assembly all match and that's the only place I see them. This rifle is dated 1965. Here is the Wikipedia page on the 2A1.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishapore_2A1_rifle

Also comes with 40 rounds (surplus ammo)

I would like to get $250 for it. Would rather do a FTF transaction in Ponchatoula, Hammond, Metairie/New Orleans area. I can travel to Baton Rouge but not until the weekend.

You can PM me on here, email me at crcranger01@yahoo.com, or text me at 504-239-6596

Thanks,
    Craig

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom