If you're scared - SAY you're scared!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I was walking out from wayyyy out in Dewey Wills one night and noticed a pair of eyes about waist high moving through the palmettos and fixed on me. I didn't have a spot light, just my white light headlamp, and noticed the pair of evil eyes fixed on me from about 30-40 meters away. Out loud I said get out of here get!!! I mean what else would be stalking me out there? I raise my AR15 and wave my non firing hand in the air, shouting get out of here now! I get about 25-30 meters away and BOOM up jumps a monster doe!!!! She was bedded down on the bed I discovered the day before, and my zig zagging along the trail made it appear as a bear or big cat was stalking me. My low ready turned into a high ready the rest of the week.

My mind flashes through escaped convicts, deranged rednecks/criminals, pissed off moonshiners, bears, big cats, you name it. Damned Army spoiled me with PVS14 night vision.

Last edited:

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I was in my stand one Very early morning and started mind wandering. Freaked myself out a bit and then WHAM! something hit the ladder and darted back into the woods. Shook my stand. I just about pissed myself. I still have no idea what it was but I'm assuming it was a dog from my brother's house. I didn't not come down until the sun was good and high in the sky.

Second time I was in my (now defunct) ground blind. It was about 4:45. I had already been there for an hour waiting. I was looking for the drink i set down and turned my flashlight on. Surprise! big ass snake IN MY BLIND with me. I'm personally terrified of snakes. I also found out .35 whelen tends to explode snakes.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I was walking out of the woods after dark and I was walking down the trail a doe jumped up out of her bed and almost ran me over. I had to check the back forty and make sure I hadn't dropped a greasy Taco Bell deuce.

Marcus4ar

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    The greater majority of my vast fortune I've spent on women whiskey & weapons......The rest, I just pissed away.
    6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Last edited:

Jmann

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    You guys need to condition your kids to not be sissies ! Get them together one night and tell them you need help trapping woodcocks . Take them out to a big clearing / field with some paper lunch bags and while your holding the spot light get them to walk to the other side of the field and set the traps (paper bags ) . Once they get on the other side turn the light off and walk back to the camp , house are car :) if they survive they will never be afraid of the big bad woods again .

Note : if you have to go find them later they might need a shrink later on .

4x4demon

NBK
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Shreveport, La
    I remember seeing some pics on facebook from a horse that supposedly got attacked a while back in gloster too. I have no idea how legit they are since it was a story like "my uncles cousins sisters neighboor" or something like that.

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    The LDWF have a little over 200 pictures of '' Cat's '' sent in to them for review.

They claim about 75% are house cats or dogs.

The remainder they cannot explain ?

Ask them why the pictures are not for public viewing ?

They are on the endangered list. I was told by one of the LDFW’s Biologists many years ago that if they proved that the cats wear hear, every tree hugger would move in. They would call your land and all the surrounding lands habitat. No more hunting, fishing or anything. Your land would be done, period. That's why they don’t want to own up to them being hear. Just remember the three S’s, Shot, Shovel and Shout up.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    They are on the endangered list. I was told by one of the LDFW’s Biologists many years ago that if they proved that the cats wear hear, every tree hugger would move in. They would call your land and all the surrounding lands habitat. No more hunting, fishing or anything. Your land would be done, period. That's why they don’t want to own up to them being hear. Just remember the three S’s, Shot, Shovel and Shout up.

Shovel hell. If I bag something like that, it's going on the wall.

denign

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    USA
    being grabbed, and being dinner are not the same thing, as is well documented, not for about 1 guy in 100, especially if they have a pistol, properly holstered where they've practiced drawing it from.

Top Bottom