Looking for info on Head Down Products HDX M4?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jebbay02

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    So, I've done a lot of looking around for an AR recently.. as I am sure everyone has been. Came across this company out of Georgia that seems like they guarantee you will get a gun if you are willing to wait 7-10 weeks. I have found some reviews on them in various forums and what not, but haven't been able to find any real performance and longevity related info. Has anyone had any experience with these guns? If so, what is your opinion. The only reason that I am considering them is because of the price..$899 is hard to beat in these times.

Here is a link to their site:
    http://www.hdrifles.co/rifles/index.cfm

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    There was another thread asking this same question, never got a reply. I am also wanting to know more about them from someone who may own, or have some knowledge about them. I have been following head down on facebook for about a year now, and they seem to put out some nice custom stuff, but I have yet to see/hear any reviews on this line of rifles from them. I am pretty sure that it is a fairly new product that they have just recently put into production, which is probably why it is hard to find any reviews on them.

Kingfish76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Head Down HDX M4 Q&A

I myself am trying to find out a little more about them. I do however know that it's not a colt, and I also know that colt isn't armalite and it isn't a bushmaster or a dpms either. That's not the question, nor is it the proper answer. Sorry I've seen to many posts on other forums where the thread is high jacked and they go off on a tangent about how they think one is better than the other. Head down HDX M4, any thoughts, warnings, complaints, praises? I can say that I have purchased one and it should be arriving in 2-3 weeks. If there's anyone out there that has had experience with these rifles, please clue us in.

Thanks

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    FWIW, I like to consider myself part of these "everyone" you speak of, and I have no problem finding Ar-15 rifles. There's a few of them sitting all warm & humidity free in my safe.

Sarcasm aside, what difference does it make? If you want an AR15, and they have them.....get it.
    The rifle is simply a collection of parts. So say you get it and the trigger sucks. Change it. Don't like the stock? Change it. Hate the barrel? Change it. Etc.
    The only two questions I'd ask, right now in the middle of the crazy and i just couldn't live without an evil black rifle, is about the upper and lower. Forged & milspec or don't buy it. Milled is acceptable. :D You might be able to talk me into a poly frame if I wasn't planning on using it much. Literally every other part can be changed later when things calm down & production catches up.

Otherwise, given the total lack of feedback on the company & their rifles.....I'd pass. But I don't need one so I might be biased.

Top Bottom