RED X ARMS have the worst customer service ever

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smarlb3

Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I would stay away from this company. I ordered a cheap BCG because I needed one and they had it in stock at the time. I submitted a request for them to cancel my order and immediately received a shipped response without tracking. I sent a message about how I wanted to cancel my order and if it isnt please send the tracking. They did respond with my order should arrive in 2-3 business days.

I sent this message to them:

I have yet to receive the package and it has been more than 2-3 business days since I was emailed a shipped notice. It has been 6 days since it was supposedly shipped. This does not include the Federal holiday of monday but does include Saturday as USPS moves packages on saturday for delivery. The email I received originally did not have a tracking number. Given this item was stated as shipped over 6 shipping days I expect an update on the status. When the item arrives I expect that the stamp date given by the post office will indicate a shipped date of Feb 12 as stated in the email I was sent. (I dont like being lied to).

Their response:

Due to the simpe fact of you being an rude arrogant person (putting it as niceas I can) in your emails we figured this would happen. Your order has been refunded and your package has been intercepted and is returning to us. Next time maybe you will learn kindness gets you farther than trying to be a tough bad ass demanding stuff......cause really what the hell were you gonna do if the box was post marked a day later, I mean really what are you gonna do about it.....you gonna sue us or threaten us???? Get real.

I said after that I will post their wonderful customer service on my favorite forum and this was their response:
    We know far more than you. Next guy in line is gonna be happy though. Please do post it on the forum. It draws traffic to our site. Plus they will laugh at how tough you tried to act.......lol

This is absolutely the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with in my entire life. I would suggest that if you need something and they have it, be warned that they really could care less about your business. I cant believe that any company would speak to someone like that.

sportsbud

Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    WTF? freaking weird... sounds like you got someone that was very very arrogant... weird ****...

TruBrew

Aug 2, 2012
    New Orleans, La
    I like the "really what the hell were you gonna do if the box was post marked a day later (Because we lied), I mean really what are you gonna do about it.....you gonna sue us or threaten us???? Get real.

I am not sure why they did not respond with something simple like, "We apologize that shipping is a bit behind schedule, but that the part is in stock ,and will ship out as soon as we can get to it". Maybe you would still have wanted to cancel the order, but as they say "kindness gets you farther than trying to be a tough bad ass". It's weird how they don't take their own advice.

nola_

Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I've dealt with them without issue.

Sounds like you got a bad customer service rep.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This sounds fishy! Unless it's the onwer of the company. A regular employee would have to be begging to be terminated if they did this. They can't erase an email trail on your side?!? If not that, what about the possibility that someone is playing a joke on them at their terminal or email? Hacked email?

Not saying you didn't get this email, just can't imagine some one that needs to work would have this bad of an attitude to attempt to get away with this. And in some states, the employee can be held financially responsible if it caused the company money.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    After further investigation, they sure do have a lot of rules for buying from them. And some seem contradictory?!?

***********PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE ORDERING***********

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:

1. WE DO NOT BILL YOUR CREDIT CARD UNLESS ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED IN THE SHOP AND WILL BE SHIPPING SHORTLY. ONCE YOU AUTHORIZE THE TRANSACTION THERE WILL BE A PENDING AMOUNT DEDUCTED FROM YOUR CARD, THIS WILL DISAPPEAR IN A FEW DAYS AND WE WILL ACTUALLY CHARGE YOUR CARD WHEN IT WILL BE SHIPPED.

2. IF THE ITEM IS LISTED AS BACKORDERED WE HAVE NO ETA AT THIS POINT. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK.

3. ITEM AVAILABILITY IS LISTED NEXT TO THE PRICE ON THE ITEM PAGE.

4. IF THE ITEM IS LISTED IN STOCK THE SHIPPING LEADTIME BELOW STILL APPLIES! BACKORDERED ITEMS AGAIN WE DO NOT KNOW, WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SHIP ASAP!

5. WE ARE NOT DOING CUSTOM ORDERS. IF YOU CANT ORDER IT FROM OUR SITE WE ARE NOT OFFERING IT.

6. PLEASE DONT EMAIL ASKING FOR AN UPDATE ON YOUR ORDER UNLESS 30 BUSINESS DAYS (MONDAY-FRIDAY, WHICH IS OVER 1 FULL MONTH) HAVE PASSED. ALL IT DOES IS SLOW ORDERS DOWN.

7. ONCE AN ORDER IS PLACED WE CANNOT CHANGE OR ADD TO IT. IT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE ORDER OR YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT WE HAVE TO CANCEL THE WHOLE ORDER AND YOU CAN REORDER. YOU WILL THEN START THE LEADTIME OVER IT WILL NOT HOLD YOUR PLACE IN LINE. PLEASE MAKE SURE WHAT YOU ORDER IS WHAT YOU WANT BEFORE YOU ORDER IT.

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING RETAIL ORDERS VIA EMAIL/ONLINE ONLY DUE TO LARGE ORDER VOLUME, IF THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU PLEASE WAIT UNTIL WE ARE OUT OF THIS LARGE ORDER VOLUME SITUATION TO PLACE YOUR ORDER (THIS NOTICE WILL BE REMOVED WHEN THAT HAPPENS), WE ARE DOING THIS TO PROCESS ORDERS AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. YOUR ORDERS ARE IMPORTANT TO US, AND WE THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING DURING OUR INCREASED RAPID GROWTH WE ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING. OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR CUSTOMERS STILL REMAINS THE SAME AND OUR RED X ARMS PRODUCTS ARE STILL BACKED BY OUR LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY!!

DEALERS PLEASE CONTINUE TO ORDER AS YOU HAVE IN THE PAST.

PLEASE ALLOW 48 HOURS FOR US TO RESPOND TO YOUR EMAILS BEFORE SENDING ANOTHER FOR THE SAME INQUIRY.

WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING RETAIL CUSTOM BUILD ORDERS OR RETAIL PHONE IN ORDERS. ONLINE ORDERS ONLY FOR RETAIL SALES!

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING!

FREE SHIPPING TO THE U.S.A. ON ALL ORDERS BIG OR SMALL!

DUE TO A VERY LARGE ORDER VOLUME SHIPPING TIMES ON IN STOCK ITEMS ARE CURRENTLY 20-30 BUSINESS DAYS (MON-FRI)

WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO SHIP SOONER THAN THE ABOVE STATED TIME BUT PLEASE ALLOW THAT TIME TO PASS BEFORE INQUIRING ON YOUR ORDER STATUS. WHEN INQUIRING PLEASE EMAIL. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL WHEN YOUR ORDER SHIPS.

PLEASE NOTE WE ARE WORKING VIA EMAIL ONLY FOR RETAIL SALES!

*****EMAIL IS THE BEST AND FASTEST WAY TO GET A RESPONSE AS EMAILS CAN BE RECEIVED AND SENT ANYTIME OF THE DAY!*****

JNieman

Dush
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Well, postmarking usually is the day after shipping notices go out. "It shipped" is generally "A label was created and USPS was notified for pickup"

They're still pricks.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Well, postmarking usually is the day after shipping notices go out. "It shipped" is generally "A label was created and USPS was notified for pickup"

They're still pricks.

There is this:

7. ONCE AN ORDER IS PLACED WE CANNOT CHANGE OR ADD TO IT. IT THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE ORDER OR YOU WANT TO CHANGE IT WE HAVE TO CANCEL THE WHOLE ORDER AND YOU CAN REORDER. YOU WILL THEN START THE LEADTIME OVER IT WILL NOT HOLD YOUR PLACE IN LINE. PLEASE MAKE SURE WHAT YOU ORDER IS WHAT YOU WANT BEFORE YOU ORDER IT.

How long after he placed the ordered did he call to cancel?

Customer is always right, but there seems to be some unanswered questions.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    What about this:

Your order has been refunded and your package has been intercepted and is returning to us.

g9133a28s1vek50xq1sm.jpg

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've had no issues ordering from them.

They're definitely slow, but a hell of a nice product for cheap pre-crazy prices.

I've emailed them during the crazy to check on an order at 9pm and got an email back at 9:30 the same night explaining my upper would ship the next week. I got it the upcoming Wednesday.

The disclaimer was put in place during the crazy due to asshats ordering stuff from ten different places and canceling whoever's didn't get shipped first.

JNieman

Dush
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Intercepting packages is not very unlikely. I had done it recently on a package that took a little too long to get to me (they sent it the wrong direction...) and since I was to be out of town, the shipper had it intercepted and arranged for a later delivery date for after I got back home.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    Neil the so called owner has no real business since of what customer service is, I had an issue with a lost bcg, and I got a very unprofessional email from what seems like a group of high school kids runny a business out their parents garage. Don't have to worry about my money finding its way there, after the way Neil did talk to me after three weeks of trying to contact them over the item. I had my bank handle it. They are a bunch of dumb-asses over there

Last edited:

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    I had good luck with then initially but guess the craze has caused them problems.
    I made an order on Jan. 1st, cancelled it today after no response from them.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    No offense, but you are a new member with 7 total posts and you didn't post anything that looked like an actual email. Why should I just take your word for it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

smarlb3

Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    Well let me just continue with the fact that we are currently playing last word. We have been bantering back and forth emails and insults throughout the day.

Honestly all I wanted was to cancel my order and they told me no then said that he recovered the product after being shipped. The guy says he is the owner, but I think it is just someone working there. If the person I am emailing is the owner, then this is the worst run company I have ever dealt with.

smarlb3

Dec 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    dfsutton - I could care less if you take my word for it. I paraphrased the email because it gets long and childish. I dislike being lied to. I am fine with time delay from shipped notice and out the door, but the guy said it was already out the door and so could not cancel my order. it was a lie. Tell me the truth. If you are going to take the time to answer an email, answer honestly and I am cool, even if it isnt something I dont want to hear. I have had stuff on order from one supplier for 6 weeks now, but they didnt tell me it was shipped and lied.

I can post the entire email train if that is more to your liking. It is absolutely hilarious. I am still responding to emails because I am really interested in how long they will continue to respond with insults and bs.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom