Glock Armorers Course

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Finally the stars have aligned and I'm in for a class that's local and I don't have to work. Anybody ever been before? I know its not rocket surgery or anything but just curious if I'm going to get anything out of it other than certification and a 8$ punch tool. Thoughts and course feedback?

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Baton Rouge in April. I think it's the 9th. Got my confirmation email the other day forwarded from the office but haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

cableguy

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    195$, books up months in advance, and enrollment is usually limited to LE, military personnel, gunsmiths, and store clerks. Some are locked to LE only. Although I think they have a spot for "shooters" too. I had enrolled in 2 prior (got money back both times) but had to cancel for military obligations. Link to follow for future courses and info.

https://www.glocktraining.com/Default.aspx

And yes Sigfan, that's the one thing I look forward to most. Meeting of like minds and learning. What I love about this site (for most part lol).

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    If you have never stripped a glock down to individual parts and you plan to run glocks alot I think it is a good idea.

If you have taken apart a glock before and have a 5 dollar punch set from HF I have a feeling it may be a bit boring.

Meeting people is always cool, and will likely be worth the price of admission. I would like to know the "recommended" way to get the mag release out with the glock tool. I always use a pick or small flat blade.

Once you get finished you can blow your friend's minds when you tear the gun all the way down. I did that with a 1911 and my buddy could not believe I could get it back together.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Finally the stars have aligned and I'm in for a class that's local and I don't have to work. Anybody ever been before? I know its not rocket surgery or anything but just curious if I'm going to get anything out of it other than certification and a 8$ punch tool. Thoughts and course feedback?

As you said you will receive a certificate and a Glock tool. Other than that you can order parts from Glock if you are willing to wait 5 to 6 weeks for your parts.

JIMDVC

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I work as a Gov't contractor weapons tech and have to re certify every 18 mos & Glock is one of the LE classes I have to sit thru. I first went thru the Glock Armorers LE class in 1989 and it is a breeze. Very basic. The only time I ever won a door prize in my life. Glock Knife. You will learn interesting facts like the type of finish on Glocks is actually part of the heat treatment finish..My instructor once ran over a Glock 19 with his car to prove how tuff they are..you will enjoy it and see it is very basic.

JIMDVC

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Nowlin has the best 1911 school I sent my old partner Nick Niblick thru it so he could attempt to catch up with me.. Nowlin School is in Oklahoma and you will receive lifetime discounts on parts best i have been thru in 32 years as a gunsmith

Top Bottom