Walmart OC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'm wondering why the change? Typically wal mart follows whatever the state law is.

No clue. I was a bit put out about it myself. The manager just said "we understand state law but since its private property we'll be asking everyone who isn't law enforcement and brings a gun into Walmart to leave"

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    No clue. I was a bit put out about it myself. The manager just said "we understand state law but since its private property we'll be asking everyone who isn't law enforcement and brings a gun into Walmart to leave"

No way, just wait until the new dos Equis guy hears about this, he will have juries determining if it is constitutional for a store to have a different policy than other stores in the same company. Summon the freederp fighter

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Feel Free too carry in the covington walmart... had two come in yeaterday and even chatted with the guy carrying the g22... i support open carry just dont like to do it.. but until i get my la ccw its the only way....

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wonder what the corporate office would think about a manager making up his / her own rules. Anyone want to inquire? :]

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere

What the manager doesn't know won't scare him/her; "Concealed means concealed" and since I currently have an active Louisiana CHP... ;)

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Last I heard it was an unannounced policy change. They just sort of slipped in a change of policy and didn't announce it. They did the same thing when they switched from employees not being able to CC while on "Official Wal-Mart Business" to not being able to CC on Wal-Mart property at all.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    What the manager doesn't know won't scare him/her; "Concealed means concealed" and since I currently have an active Louisiana CHP... ;)

As far as I know there's no sign on the doors, so CHP 's are still gtg. Just don't announce it.

I wonder where the open carry crowd is going to go be stu- err, support the second amendment now.

Last edited:

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    As far as I know there's no sign on the doors, so CHP 's are still gtg. Just don't announce it.

Concealed carry is still allowed, the policy change was just on OC. If you have a CHP they are suppose to allow you to "Adjust your weapon so it cannot be seen" instead of asking you to leave. Bunch of BS. Wal-Mart is going full libtard from the inside out.

Top Bottom