Why (I) chose Beretta

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I'm not trying to convince anyone or myself with this little review. My choice has been made. Someone who knows me though and knows that I'm not quick to waste money and that I'm a research hog with a little hunting shotgun hands on experience, asked me why (I) chose Beretta after starting a 'New Shotgun Search' since before the 2011 Duck Season.

So here was (my) answer really.

YMMV :cool:

`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-

First I wanted an Auto-Loader.

So with cost not being a contributing factor, (Considering I don't by Hunting shotguns often and shouldn't need to)
    ...this lead me then to the top two brands that are currently leading the Waterfowl/Hunting Shotgun Market;
    Benelli & Beretta.

Now my only choice left then was to decide between Gas or Inertia.

Having shot both Gas and Inertia throughout the last two seasons,
    and hunting with folks who have these type guns,

I decided to go with Gas.(Beretta)

I believe Beretta to be the leader in innovative technology when it comes to shotguns. They simply spare no expense on creating and improving their products.

...and yes they pass on that expense to you but that's part of the deal right? I think so.
    If you want a superior product you have to be willing to pay for a superior price.

I also believe the A400 Xtreme to be the pinnacle of Beretta's efforts in the Hunting Shotgun Field.
    See the Brochure http://issuu.com/berettausa/docs/a400_xtreme_brochure/9

Here are some of the bells & whistles and how the A400 can be adjusted to FIT you.

xtreme_unico%281%29.jpg

kickoffmega.jpg

The evolution of the Kick-Off: The new Kick-off Mega reduces recoil 60% more than any other shotgun on the market, and provides xtreme comfort because the stock area that makes contact with your face remains stationary.

kickoff.jpg

Third hydraulic damper to further mitigate the recoil and reduce mechanical stress.

aqua.jpg

Provides a corrosion proof barrier which ensures all internal and external metallic components remain impervious to every xtreme element you may encounter.

unico.jpg

Exclusive Beretta technology for all-load top performance, from 24 to 64 grams.

optima.jpg

Barrels designed in the Beretta laboratories to work perfectly with HP steel shots too.

steelium.jpg

Beretta steel featuring deep drilling, cold hammering and vacuum extension: the world’s best barrels.

micro.jpg

Superior softness, lightness and smoothness for improved comfort and perfect shouldering.

blink.jpg

Beretta gas-operated system, rotating bolt head and new feeding system: reliable speed and unbeatable performance.

blok.jpg

The new forend cap offers a safe-and fast locking system that makes it easier to assemble and disassemble your shotgun. The cap is closed simply with a 1/6 rotation and a "click".
    __________________________________________________ _________

aw8mfo14h5hg29yoc4gt.bmp

c6238iu55r0u7pomb7am.bmp

sisgqryh9dlc8iowol8.bmp

tf116kan3xhcurj840ar.bmp

How it all works;

ALL IN ONE VIDEO Beretta A400 Xtreme - Long Version

Really good CLOSE UP PHOTOS
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323831794

Now there were plenty hang-ups along the way. I REALLY wanted the VersaMax for a long time. However after seeing so many of them fail I just wasn't going to take that risk. The Winchester SX3 also had me hanging for a while. That is a FAST Cycling smooth shooting rascal. If I were trying to save a few hundred bucks, the SX3 would likely be my second choice. In fact, I may still try and find a used one. That black synthetic with the smoke grey receiver looks sweet.

Brownings, I’ve never been a fan of. Twice this year I’ve been on hunts with different hunters who were shooting Maxus and Golds and saw things that just didn’t really change my mind about them. I’m sure there’s plenty folks who love them and that’s fine. I just don’t.

`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-

So after a year and a half of shooting and researching and being patient.

I did it.

I'm now one step closer :D

See below; $500 down required to order.

e9pvizkgmeg7zlamqsl.jpg

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I bought a $50 raffle ticket that might win me a Beretta A400 :P Or one of 4 A300s lol

I would spooge my pants on the spot if I got EITHER of those guns on a fitty dollar ticket, let alone the A400 at like 3x the price. That A400 is sweeeeeeeeeeet. I love those higher end Benellis but I can't shake the impression that the Berettas are higher class.

That's a whole dump of marketing info there, that's cool. I'm a shotgun noob.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I bought a $50 raffle ticket that might win me a Beretta A400 :P Or one of 4 A300s lol

I would spooge my pants on the spot if I got EITHER of those guns on a fitty dollar ticket, let alone the A400 at like 3x the price. That A400 is sweeeeeeeeeeet. I love those higher end Benellis but I can't shake the impression that the Berettas are higher class.

That's a whole dump of marketing info there, that's cool. I'm a shotgun noob.

Well considering Beretta owns Benelli the craftsman ship is seen and felt through both gun lines.

Also make no bones about it, that A300 is MONEY! In fact it's got a better REP than the A400 b/c the A400 hasn't been out long enough. I know quite a few A300's with around 10k though them on the Clay Ranges and aren't showing a lick of slowing down.

Yeah, thanks alot. Now i want one too.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

:p

Richard from LA has had one since it came out! He's got the 30" barrel I think.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Nice. I'm shooting a AL391 xtrema2 all camo I got from a pawn shop for $800 (That's right :D) I love it. I've been looking at the A400's.

What finish did you get?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Dealer just called me back. Said gun should be here Tues / Wed.

Nice. I'm shooting a AL391 xtrema2 all camo I got from a pawn shop for $800 (That's right :D) I love it. I've been looking at the A400's.

What finish did you get?

Wow sweet deal! Those 391's are silky smooth.

Went with the Optifade. Also had to call 7 different dealers. Two different dealers started chuckling before I could say A400. Some didn't have clue what Optifade was or even that it was a camo. Lastly some even told me that stock number was no good b/c it wasn't out yet. Didn't I say I was patient? :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Great choice. JNieman, I bought a raffle ticket at a skeet shoot 2 years ago and came home with a Beretta 3901 Target RL. Gun shoots like a dream!!! And I was VERY close to jizzing myself when they called my number! Only problem is the stock is a little short so I didn't have too big of a problem when my wife claimed it once I got home.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I usually shoot a Nova. I've never had problems with it, but I just don't really care for it. I've put it through Hell and back and she's still trucking. I just find I don't shoot well with it. Don't know why.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I loved everything about it. I was not nearly as 'experienced' with guns, then, as I am now, so if I had it now I may have figured it out and fixed it easier. I loved the feel of it, the slide, the bolt, the buttstock - it seemed to have much less felt recoil than the 870s I was used to for pump guns. It was just all around seemingly better for me. Just got stuck shell after stuck shell with low brass.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I've never shot one of the new Berettas, but I have two Benalli Black Eagle IIs (jet black edition) and I absolutely love them! When shooting them (12 gauge), it has the recoil of a .243 or so!! When you get it in make sure to post some pics for us, Hitman :)

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Good choice ;). I picked up some briley extended HP x2 chokes for mine, an IC and IM to fill the gap between the ones it comes with. I find I either use the IC the most for everything except big ducks, then I use the long range patternmaster.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Good choice ;). I picked up some briley extended HP x2 chokes for mine, an IC and IM to fill the gap between the ones it comes with. I find I either use the IC the most for everything except big ducks, then I use the long range patternmaster.

Good Deal. We'll have to talk more about chokes. Now that I've got a gun that I can really focus on shells, patterns and chokes to get it just right.

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    excellent choice. I wish I could've waited for this model but the Maxus was new and was too good to pass up. I love my Maxus and at the time only the extrema 2 was available...way to bulky in my opinion. As far as duck hunting enviroments and torture in said enviroment I would put Beretta at the top. The extremas were rock solid...i know quite a few guys that refused to clean their extremas and had zero issues. They also would eat anything you fed them. Patience probably will have helped you as the A400 has been out awhile and any kinks will have been worked out.

As far as chokes go...yes they can give you a little more but I feel that knowing how to lead ducks properly is key...but yes I have a browning grand passage imp/mod choke in my maxus :D

Sully

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Sulphur
    and please don't put stickers on your gun barrel...like "meat stick" or "thunder stick" or well....don't affliction graphic Tshirt out your shotgun....lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jp3544
    Top Bottom