HOMOCAUST - Clash of the BS I-Titans!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Well yes and no. My kids Den Leader didn't get a vote. The Units Leader didn't get a vote. The one above him didn't either. This was pretty much just the higher ups that voted and not the day in/day out leaders in the trenches so to speak.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    "Let the Boy Scouts be"

This was an internal vote by the BSA.

Yep.

With some heavy outside pressure of course. Including businesses pulling their support/funding and facilities
    from Local BSA Clubs unless they changed their policy on Open Homosexuals.

It's not like the initial pressure came from within but they voted on it, they could have squashed it and didn't.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation wins again and without even having to go to court.

84521771.jpg

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I can't say I care.

Either fit in with society's popular views, or they have no reason to cater to ya. S'how a free world works.

Personally, I'm happy to see discrimination/bigotry go away, any time.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    So what?

I was involved with the scouts well into my late 20's.......and in about 12 years, I'll be getting back into it with my son.

Even back when, there were fellow scouts, even a district rep from the big office, that everyone knew was gay. But they were good people and good friends. When they eventually "came out", no one cared. Well no one I knew of anyway. Sure some people made a stink about it, but in the end, nothing changed except my perception of those few people who would so freely hate a former friend. Out of three of the guys that outed themselves that I can think of immediately, I'm still good friends with two. A cravat to my story is that these young men did not announce themselves until well after 18yo. But like I said, we all knew, even if it took them some time to realize it themselves or get comfortable with it.

In my opinion, this policy changes nothing at all. You're a fool if you think they're not in the organization already.

Something to chew on:
    Homophobia: the fear that gay men will treat you the same way that you treat women.

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I have to admit I don't know much about the BSA, as I never was one (I never felt the need to join; it would've clashed with the outdoor hobbies I was already doing, anyway).

What is the typical age a kid joins the scouts, anyway?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    So what?

I was involved with the scouts well into my late 20's.......and in about 12 years, I'll be getting back into it with my son.

Even back when, there were fellow scouts, even a district rep from the big office, that everyone knew was gay. But they were good people and good friends. When they eventually "came out", no one cared. Well no one I knew of anyway. Sure some people made a stink about it, but in the end they changed nothing except my perception of them. Out of three of them I can think of immediately, I'm still good friends with two.

In my opinion, this policy changes nothing at all. You're a fool if you think they're not in the organization already.

Something to chew on:
    Homophobia: the fear that gay men will treat you the same way that you treat women.

lol I've never heard that before.

I do wonder now though, what's the justification for separating boys and girls b/c of their sexual implications(Enabler)
    but not separate homosexual boys and girls b/c of their sexual implications?

Is it not the same sexual implications for both? :confused:

A Coworker today said that he thought it would be like a Gay Dudes Gold Mine to be surrounded by those who he is sexually attracted to lol

I'm not sure about that but it is an interesting/intriguing thought.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I have to admit I don't know much about the BSA, as I never was one (I never felt the need to join; it would've clashed with the outdoor hobbies I was already doing, anyway).

What is the typical age a kid joins the scouts, anyway?

Well they have Cub Scouts and then Boy Scouts. I think Boys starts around 10-12?

My brother and I were Cub Scouts until we realized that on the weekends we couldn't go hunting or fishing with Dad
    b/c we had to go balance eggs on spoons and tie knots. So we bailed on that idea QUICK!
    and got out of that :rofl:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Well they have Cub Scouts and then Boy Scouts. I think Boys starts around 10-12?

My brother and I were Cub Scouts until we realized that on the weekends we couldn't go hunting or fishing with Dad
    b/c we had to go balance eggs on spoons and tie knots. So we bailed on that idea QUICK!
    and got out of that :rofl:

Yup. I was in the exact same boat. Dad was my scoutmaster every weekend. :D

That's what I was wondering, though......I shudder at the notion of an "openly gay" 10 year old. WTF is that, exactly?

To me, this seems to come close to encouraging that "orientation". That's a very impressionable age.....

I don't claim to be some kind of behavioral guru- but holy crap. :doh:

Last edited:

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    Yep.

With some heavy outside pressure of course. Including businesses pulling their support/funding and facilities
    from Local BSA Clubs unless they changed their policy on Open Homosexuals.

It's not like the initial pressure came from within but they voted on it, they could have squashed it and didn't.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation wins again and without even having to go to court.

84521771.jpg

whats the "straight" badge look like?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom