Advantage Group Training

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I wanted to take a minute to give you a once over for the next couple of months. There are some very unique training opportunities coming to South Louisiana, classes that are hard to find and hard to get into and do not typical travel to your door step. We also have some ideas to make the training more cost effective for you.

SEPT 28-29: AMIS with Craig Douglas, New Orleans.

AMIS is a Force on Force Class with no Live Fire. If your interesting in learning how t defend your home or place of business with a firearm this is THE Class for you. It's also uniquely well suited for Law Enforcement Professionals who often find themselves clearing structures alone or with a single back-up Officer. Nobody in the world has a class that conveys searching, clearing, moving, and fighting in structures Armed Citizens or LE Pros as competently or in a more technically and tactically sound way. This class is open to everyone. Mature teenagers, males, females, people of all experience levels. There are no Pre-Reqs and since the whole class is Force on Force no ammo is required. As an incentive to get shooters who are struggling to train because of financial constraints we are offering the following incentives:

- Bring a friend and you can take $100 if your tuition or split the $100 off together.

- All Credentialed LE Pro's can take a $100 discount on the course. This includes retired LE.

SEPT 14-15: Gunfighter 2 and Carbine 2 w/ Vehicle Module, Hammond.

These are probably the best classes we offer. As a LE Officer or Armed Citizen any Armed Encounter your going to be involved in is likely to occur around vehicles. The class isn't for Novice Shooters but we will allow any basic Carbine and Pistol Training you've had in the past to cover the Pre-Reqs. The classes have been well reviewed here on BS.

-All Current or Retired LE Personnel can attend wither day for $75. That's half off.

OCT 25-26: Handgun with Scott Reitz from ITTS. Hammond.

Scott is a legend in the training field. He has a sterling resume and is as personable and approachable as they come. One of the best things about Scott's knowledge base is his decade of experience as a member of LAPDs Shoot Team where he investigated every Officer Involved Shooting in the City of Los Angeles. Scott knows more about how shootings happen than any person I ever met. He gets "it" and has a gift for conveying it to you. Scott doesn't leave his home range in LA often and him coming to Hammond makes training that would be prohibitively expensive a possibility to you. On 27 OCT he will also be teaching Shotgun which can be taken alone or in concert with the Handgun Block.

-Bring a Friend to the Full 3-Days and receive a $100 Rebate on the final day.

-All Current and Retired LE receive a $100 discount.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Great options this fall. I enjoyed your Pistol1/Carbine1 last year. Looking forward to pistol and/or carbine 2 this fall. I'd love to try some of the host events, but unless you take aluminum cans or lap dances from a bald, rhythmically-challenged dude, I'm SOL this year. Hopefully they'll return in the future.

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    Could we talk about the revised ammo minimums for Pistol II and Carbine II?

I bought 600 rounds of HG ammo max for Pistol & Carbine 1 back when I took it, and I returned home with over 450rds of pistol (single stack shooter), along with extra 5.56 1-200rds of 556 (though I don't recall if I brought extra CYA 556 to Carbine 1). Pistol and Carbine 2 requirements state 400 rounds (minimum), and 400 rounds (minimum) + 120 rounds pistol respectively. Are these posted requirements the current minimums adjusted for the ammo shortage, or is that a different number, and if so what are the adjusted minimums?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    The 400rd Minimums are in place because of the ammo shortage. We are having shooters show up with more and shoot more. Shooting more requires the shooter to push harder i.e. carry ammo to the line and reload mags on the line etc. Single Stack Shooters in general have to work harder at getting reps in. Hopefully as the market continues to loosen we will be raising the minimums soon. Hopefully.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    You have raised a valid point though. We'll make a footnote on the site that 1911 shooters will only need 120rds and 38 magazines.

Stop hating!! You know what, my pistol reloads have gotten a hell of a lot faster! If anything, I get lots of practice changing out mags. Its almost second nature! :draw:

Who's going to be the first 1911 hater to post a reply?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Stop hating!! You know what, my pistol reloads have gotten a hell of a lot faster! If anything, I get lots of practice changing out mags. Its almost second nature! :draw:

Who's going to be the first 1911 hater to post a reply?

Me! :D

Bet you've gotten a lot faster at clearing malfunctions too!

pulpsmack

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Red Stick
    You have raised a valid point though. We'll make a footnote on the site that 1911 shooters will only need 120rds and 38 magazines.

That was funny... I don't know how I muddled through with 8!

And a reliable backup pistol ,like a Hk ;), for when the 1911 goes down 15 min into the first day. :rofl:

Mine served me well so far through 3 tac. courses broken over 4 days including Wolf ammo, not to mention my horrendous LRN reloads on my off time, and it's a 4" Compact.

I am sure HKs are the bees knees... when you CAN manage to accept compromises, and put the bullets the right way in the magazine ;)

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    Are yall planning on offering the handgun fundamentals class anytime soon? I have a co-worker who is interested in getting her CHP and is getting her first handgun soon so I have told her she needs to take something more than the standard CHP class. I see on your website that Gunfighter 1 is coming up in December and will recommend that to her but was curious about the fundamentals class for the CHP certification.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    We can get that done. I can also give you the contact info for Kenny Barker in Houma. He does an excellent class locally.

Top Bottom