Beware Jim the Owner Operator R&D Machine & Gunsmith shop Lafayette

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

frikinelmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Gonzales, LA
    I think Nick is a little closer to a Anthony Bourdain type.
    bourdain.jpg

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    Bump for a quality smith.

He just did a trigger job on my wife's S&W642 belly gun. My wife loves it. He did a fantastic job, turnaround was a week, and at a great price.

Last edited:

JIMDVC

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Nick Niblick Trusted Craftsman CONGRATS!

As expected and hoped for, my thread has generated much positive and well deserved input for Nick and his new location. Nick is the most honest and sincere gunsmith (and human being) I have ever had the pleasure to know. You could not find a better person to trust your prized firearm to in this area. I have sent litterally hundreds of customers to Baton Rouge for his services after he left Cocodrie Gun Service in Lafayette and continue to do so. It was worth all the childish answers and responses directed at me (I got a kick out of that) to help Nick get more promotion and acknowledgement at his new location as well as confirm to Nick that he has many supporters. Not that he needed it as his work speaks for itself. If I helped even one customer to find his way to him & his true old school craftsmanship, then I have suceeded with my intentions. I am sure he hates the "National Treasure" name that some guy actually gave him for praise, but Nick always was a jokester himself and I could not resist the chance to hassle him:). Good Luck Nick. Choke Dee Nah! Peace Out.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"
    Nursery Rhyme Author Unknown...

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    As expected and hoped for, my thread has generated much positive and well deserved input for Nick and his new location. Nick is the most honest and sincere gunsmith (and human being) I have ever had the pleasure to know. You could not find a better person to trust your prized firearm to in this area. I have sent litterally hundreds of customers to Baton Rouge for his services after he left Cocodrie Gun Service in Lafayette and continue to do so. It was worth all the childish answers and responses directed at me (I got a kick out of that) to help Nick get more promotion and acknowledgement at his new location as well as confirm to Nick that he has many supporters. Not that he needed it as his work speaks for itself. If I helped even one customer to find his way to him & his true old school craftsmanship, then I have suceeded with my intentions. I am sure he hates the "National Treasure" name that some guy actually gave him for praise, but Nick always was a jokester himself and I could not resist the chance to hassle him:). Good Luck Nick. Choke Dee Nah! Peace Out.

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me"
    Nursery Rhyme Author Unknown...

No, it's obvious you created this account to damage his reputation, then changed your tune when it began backfiring on you. This shows poor business ethics and reflects poorly on your character. Good luck drawing any customers from our member base.

Jagermann

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2013
    Lafayette
    Yes I know Nick. He used to work with another guy that had been gunsmithing in my home town for many years. Nick moved to BR and his old boss sent me and anyone else to Nick for gun work since he said Nick could be trusted to do a good job. I think the National Treasure was some sort of joke to be honest. His old partner is still doing great gun work in town on a limited basis since he works overseas mostly. He is hard to get a hold of but still does some of the best quality gunsmithing at an honest price I have ever seen. I had him do a reliability tune on my Sprgfld 1911 for $50 and he got it back to me the same day. It feeds anything now. I am pretty sure he and Nick are still good friends..

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Yes I know Nick. He used to work with another guy that had been gunsmithing in my home town for many years. Nick moved to BR and his old boss sent me and anyone else to Nick for gun work since he said Nick could be trusted to do a good job. I think the National Treasure was some sort of joke to be honest. His old partner is still doing great gun work in town on a limited basis since he works overseas mostly. He is hard to get a hold of but still does some of the best quality gunsmithing at an honest price I have ever seen. I had him do a reliability tune on my Sprgfld 1911 for $50 and he got it back to me the same day. It feeds anything now. I am pretty sure he and Nick are still good friends..

Nice try Jim. We can see your IP address when you make a new account. You just made ANOTHER ACCOUNT so that you could pretend to be a customer that is happy with your work. You are a sad and pathetic person. I can't believe people actually trust you with their firearms.

I'm now going to ban both of your accounts, sticky this thread in the gunsmith section and copy your Bio information information that you put in your profile into this thread so that none of our members make the horrible mistake of bringing a firearm for you to work on.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom