Camping season is almost here!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    After many years of not camping, the wife and I have been discussing getting a small camper. I don't want a large camper, and definitely don't want to buy a bigger truck just to pull a big RV. We always loved primitive camping, but we're not getting any younger and there's no way we are going to be comfortable in a tent any longer. The day before yesterday when I was bringing my new motorcycle in for it's first service, my wife saw a cute little camper on side the road for sale. I didn't see it when she did, but after dropping the bike off at the dealer, we sat down to eat breakfast at our favorite WH and the same camper passed by as we were eating. She pointed it out to me and I agreed, it was cute. Later that day, I was out riding my bike after it's service and wouldn't you know, the same camper pulls up next to me at a red light. I gave the guy in the truck pulling it a thumbs up and he immediately rolled down his window and asked me if I wanted to check it out. "Sure", I said and he followed me to a gas station just up the road. I got out and looked it over, discussed a price, and got his phone #.

Needless to say, when I got home from riding and told Ms. PAPACHUCK about it....well, let's just say it was out of my hands after that.;)

So yesterday I went to the bank and got the funds and made her happy.

We are now proud owners of a almost new 2010 Forest River R Pod model 173.:D

Here it is at home, ready to be outfitted for it's first trip;
    IMG_0320_zpsb331c777.jpg

IMG_0321_zpsb1eae2e0.jpg

Now I just need some cool weather and a weekend off to go play with it!

TAS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    A guy here at work has one of those and he says he loves the thing. We camp in a 36' toy hauler fifth wheel. Our family loves heading out to places w/ canoe's, kayak, and bikes. Not real sure I can still call it camping when we have a 32" flat screen in the living room. lol Glad you found your way back to camping.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    Interior pics, as requested;

IMG_0338_zpsac1d423d.jpg

IMG_0339_zps97fd6ebe.jpg

IMG_0340_zpsfff4674a.jpg

IMG_0341_zpse978b8e2.jpg

IMG_0342_zps44329de9.jpg

IMG_0343_zps05c56cd1.jpg

IMG_0344_zps0de876bb.jpg

IMG_0345_zps6c78798c.jpg

IMG_0346_zpsc23ec2cb.jpg

IMG_0348_zps124b5560.jpg

IMG_0349_zps0f0cdef3.jpg

I hope these show the interior pretty well. I'm not the worlds greatest photographer.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    BTW, I was at Paw Paw's Camper City getting some drawer hardware and I saw one on the lot for sale, I think around 11K. It may have been used, but I can't be sure 'cause it looked new, but the price is thousands off of a new one.

This one is listed as used and the price is way up there, but I believe it's the same one I saw a price tag of 11K on it.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    The pics make it seem larger than it really is, but it's all the wife and I need.

I think I forgot to mention the trailer came with a R Dome, a zip on tent that attaches to the side of the camper. I think the size is about 9 x 12 or so.

A pic of it can be seen here; as soon as I set mine up, I take pics of it.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    30gal fresh in the tank + 6gal in the water heater

35gal grey
    35gal black

More than enough, and more than I'd expect for a camper that size.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I consider it camping season year round here. My brother lives in iowa and cant even think of using his camper for 4 or so months per year. I do prefer the months where I can also fish withou sweating to death, but any day camping is better than a day doing almost anything else!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RussD2
    Top Bottom