New Range in the LaRose-Cutoff area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chootem

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Lockport
    Finally made it down there today for my daughter and I to shoot our deer rifles. Very nice set up, very nice people. He only charged us $20 for the 2 of us. Will definitely visit again soon. Want my daughter to shoot a couple more times before the season.

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    My son and I visited today and I have to admit it was not what I was expecting...and thats good!

It was well worth the drive from Slidell and will be a regular activity for us.

Pics to come later...

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    i73ghh.jpg

Firing line...
    7299ub.jpg

28atdl2.jpg

35jcduc.jpg

24" gong @ 700yrds (7-of-10 with XM855)
    vfjltk.jpg

24" gong @ 800yds (75gr Hornady hand-loads 5.56)
    25yzk1s.jpg

And even a few XM855 hits @ 800yrds (4 of 10)
    6j3b69.jpg

Archery, skeet, and indoor pistol ranges are also in the works.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The guy just raised his "own" berm! That is the Parish Hurricane Protection Levee in those pictures.

The Parish will contend that the new berm cannot protect the workers on the HPL due to a lack of control of someone dropping bullets over it. Now as unlikely as that may be, you know damn well some idiots are aiming over that berm just to drop them in the marsh behind the HPL.

I wouldn't be fishing or hunting back there anywhere near this place! :mamoru:

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    In the news again http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20141213/ARTICLES/141219847/1320?p=all&tc=pgall&tc=ar

Looks like a nice range, but from WrenchGuy's pic, I honestly can see why people would be concerned about the back berm being too low.

The range has its own berm, which has been raised a bit higher as per requested, and there is 300+ yards between their berm and the levy...been there and seen it.

As of our visit, they have been to court 5 times and won handily, its all political nuisance litigation that has no real basis in safety concerns. In fact the last time they were taken to court, they were awarded legal fees and compensation for their trouble.

Cheytac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2012
    Covington, LA
    The range has its own berm, which has been raised a bit higher as per requested, and there is 300+ yards between their berm and the levy...been there and seen it.

As of our visit, they have been to court 5 times and won handily, its all political nuisance litigation that has no real basis in safety concerns. In fact the last time they were taken to court, they were awarded legal fees and compensation for their trouble.

lol Show me those court documents...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom