1000 yard Range in Robert

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    With all the interest in hunting and shooting around, you'd think there would be more long range shooting clubs in the Baton Rouge area?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    With all the interest in hunting and shooting around, you'd think there would be more long range shooting clubs in the Baton Rouge area?

Price land, insurance, range components, range requirements and buildings and you will see why they are few and far between.

Charlie54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    Price land, insurance, range components, range requirements and buildings and you will see why they are few and far between.

I guess, Let me rephrase that...

With all the interest in hunting and shooting around, it would be nice if there were more long range shooting clubs in the Baton Rouge area?

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    That range was built. I dont think it ever made it to 1000 yards though. Only time I was out there it was limited to about 450. A few here use it for classes, but as far as public access, I havent heard anything about it. Kind of gave up hope, sucks cause it was five minutes from my moms house.

PotatoMuncher

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2012
    Lacombe
    Only range in the Robert area I know of is the one right down the road from me, and it's private. Been to it before, and it's very legit.

If someone was to open a 1,000yd range in Robert, my ultimate question is where the hell would they put it? Not all that much room out here what with the Distribution Center, schools and airport nearby.

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    Only range in the Robert area I know of is the one right down the road from me, and it's private. Been to it before, and it's very legit.

If someone was to open a 1,000yd range in Robert, my ultimate question is where the hell would they put it? Not all that much room out here what with the Distribution Center, schools and airport nearby.

I live in Covington and I've been through Robert quite a bit. I always thought there was a lot of room out there?

Like I said, it's something someone told me...figured this group would know.

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    A couple of years ago I heard rumors of a 1000 yd range to be built north east of Robert near the intersection of Hwys 437 and 1129. Never heard anymore about it. I have it placemarked on Google Earth and the most recent sat photos show no developement.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Tallow Creek is better than nothing but it has some draw backs.

Rifles:
    -No FMJ
    -Shoot from rest only
    -Slow rate of fire
    -Always muddy down range

Pistols:
    -Can't go out very far, maybe 5-10y max.
    -Can only shoot once every 2 seconds
    -Can't shoot handguns on the rifle range

Skeet:
    I've only done it once there and it was a lot of fun. Not cheap though.

Pistol and Rifle range charge by the hour. Also I find the RO (assuming it is the same guy) to have a pretty shitty attitude, you can tell he just doesn't want to be there.

They do not have any targets available for purchase so make sure you bring your own.

I haven't been there in at least 2 years so some things may have changed. I much prefer the range at Pearl River WMA.

Royst

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2013
    Slidell
    I think Tallow Creek shut it's doors. I would love to see PRWMA extend it's range. There is plenty of space beyond the 100 yd mark.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom