IOI SKS cracked stock special, finally got my order!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I ordered two cracked stock special SKS from IOI and they finally arrived today!!! I've never seen so much cosmoline!!!! :eek3: Every nook and cranny full with it!!!!!! Both stock appear beech, and both have cracks as promised. Both are mostly matching with the exception of dust-covers and one has a mismatched trigger and the other has a mismatched mag assembly. Not too bad though.

pics;

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    I cleaned them up a little, but not all the way I didnt have enough time. I tossed the lighter one in the dishwasher and that's why most of it's finish is gone. I am going to try to salvage both stocks. The darker one shouldn't be too bad. I like the knot.

Both have bright shiny and clean chrome bores. The lighter has the <26> on the side the reciever. Hopefully range report will soon follow.

- - - Updated - - -

IOI?

Looks like it should clean up and repair OK.

Dave

I.O. Inc :)

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    i'm getting a little too excited. I starting to thing th dark stocked SKS is Russian given there are no Chinese arsenal marks, and ther serial number is PT19XX not chines, also it has the Cyrillic sight, and the stock is beech not catalpa. Or, maybe just very very early Chinese. The bad thing is the dust coverhas been replaced. There are at least two of what I think are Ishvesk bows. Pics when I get home. Any sks experts out there? I'm pretty lost.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Go to SKSboards.com there is a wealth of knowledge there!
    I signed up when I bought my Russian to find out more about them.
    It an awesome site for the sks enthusiast.

AK shooter

Redneck with a gun!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Raceland
    I only saw AK 47's, AR's, and a .45 on the site. Are the SKS advertised somewhere else?

Its actually royal tiger. Royal tiger and IOI are the same company. They have been sold out for about 2 weeks. I have one waiting for me at the house I ordered from classic arms.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    The latest batch of cracked and broken stock SKS from Royal Tiger Imports seem to be 1956 Sino-Soviet models, determined by a serial # with one letter, then 4 numbers. I bought a few of the broken stock ones (and yes the stocks were BROKEN!:() and all of mine had that style serial #. Some have the /26\ as the only other marking besides the ser#.

BTW, does anyone have any blade-cut stocks sittin' around they want to part with?:D

erazir

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La.
    The latest batch of cracked and broken stock SKS from Royal Tiger Imports seem to be 1956 Sino-Soviet models, determined by a serial # with one letter, then 4 numbers. I bought a few of the broken stock ones (and yes the stocks were BROKEN!:() and all of mine had that style serial #. Some have the /26\ as the only other marking besides the ser#.

BTW, does anyone have any blade-cut stocks sittin' around they want to part with?:D

Yeah I think I do have an extra yugo. Have to dig for it. Pm me

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom