Gun Casket pistol safe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Looks Ok and is a good idea but for the same money you can get a GunVault model with quick opening in emergencies and a key backup lock. And you can bolt them down if you so choose. Do a Bing search for their web site to see features and Amazon/EBay to purchase.

Stumpfatc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Holden
    Check harbor freight too. I got a small safe as a Christmas gift and they were priced lower than a lot of places. You can get more safe for the money.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    got a nice gunvault for 30 bucks less that has the quick-access finger code thing. definitely shop around that thing is overpriced big time

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I'm still looking. I don't want anything with a battery. I'd rather a simple lock.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    I was looking at a pistol case from Fort Knox that runs just under $200. Seems a little expensive for what you get but I might pick that one up. I have a child at home. $200 is worth his life or someone else's life in my book. Until I can get a real safe I would like something to secure the pistol.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    ive got kids as well, Ive got the gunvault hidden in a bookshelf out of reach, but ive also got a full size safe.

speaking of full size safes- you can get a decent one for not much more than you are spending, you may want to look at cabelas or academy and see if you can snatch one on sale?

WildBillKelso

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Northshore/New Orleans
    I don't like anything with a battery and there are reports of these things failing electronically. I'm a big fan of the boxes with a simplex lock such as the Ft. Knox, AMSEC and v-line offerings. It is worth the extra money to buy one of these things. They are constructed of much heavier gauge of steel than the other pistol box offerings. The simplex lock has one achilles heel. It is good for kids until they are smart enough to systematically work through lock combos. They only have a little over 1000 possibilities.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom