SCAM...Its a pretty legit looking and sounding one too.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Don't know if this is the right place for this but here it is.
    Mods move it if its wrong please

Well here is the latest of what Im 99.9% sure is a scam, and almost perfect Sort of.

Last night I was browsing the classifieds while in bed on the old I-Pad, and I came across a Nice Kimber Ultra Raptor II.
    I didnt want one but I have a friend who has another 1911 I want and he was looking for one like this one, so I figured the price was pretty good and I would
    just pick it up and make a trade to my buddy.

I don't recall which website it was but I'm sure I can find it if I look hard enough.
    Anyhow the Ad. had about 4 pics and a description of the gun...It looked and sounded Legit...there was also a phone number and email attached and it said call or Text.
    I thought Ok I'll text and in the morning maybe I will have a response.

Well as it turns out I got a response that said "Yes the Kimber is still avaliable"
    Awesome I thought, so I text him back and said I couldnt talk right now but I could text..."I was in a meeting LOL"
    So we text back and forth for a while with me asking questions about the gun and requesting a few more pics...The fellow said he would email me more pics...Cool.

I then asked about payment and shipping, and asked that he cover FFL fees on his end and I would cover them on mine.
    A few minutes later I get an Email.....Awesome....I open it and find more pics of my friends soon to be new gun haha...
    There is also a copy if an FFL attached, so I was like well no Fees on his end. Now I wouldn't have to haggle prices, even better.

I then got a response via text saying that he was an FFL dealer...ok well I see the paper.
    So then I asked about payment method, and he said either Money Gram or i could send it to his account.
    I don't know anything about money gram, so I am lost on that one but I'm pretty sure no one in their right mind would give you an account number right?
    But I thought what the hell maybe its some Ebay thing now...So not knowing anything about Money Gram I asked how I could get the money to his account.
    He replied by saying he would prefer Money Gram...Ok red Flag.

When I got freed up at work I sat down and got on the trusty old internet where I learned a load of info about FFL's but didn't learn anything about his.
    I hit the ATF ez Check, then pulled complete lists for about the past 5 years for Florida which is what the address on his Certificate said.

His certificate had one address and his Payment address for Money Gram was different, BUT they were in the same City in Florida.
    The FFL is in a Persons name and not a business...
    I learned from the internet that a person who changes addresses has a very SHORT window of time in which to let the ATF know so they can be in the loop haha.

So now I'm getting aggravated because I cant find the info I want on this ass clown and I thought I was gonna be swapping for a gun I wanted later on.

Then the most amazing thing happened...HE CALLED....My phone pops up a number from UTAH....Ok well I know people who live here in Louisiana with out of state numbers,
    hell I did for a long time.
    So I said hello and a Voice came back to me that would be right at home in a Promotion call center....OOPS...should have had an English speaking person call because your voice damn
    sure doesn't match the Name on that FFL you sent me "sorry guys not profiling or being racist" but come on.

We talk a few min about payment options and I agree to send the money Via Money Gram "just cuz I'm a nice guy" and because now I'm pissed...
    He gives me his address again and I told him I would try to send payment this evening and if not I would send it first thing in the morning, and he assures me that if I can get payment to
    him tonight and he can verify it then when he leaves work he will drop the gun off at UPS for shipping.
    I have shipped a gun or two from here in Baton Rouge through a shipping company to an FFL, but it wasn't UPS, hell UPS flat out refused me at 3 different stores when I asked about it...
    So I'm pretty sure its the same in most places ???
    I tell him thanks and I will let him know when I send the money.

I then proceed to call the ATF, and some how got routed to the call center in Washington D.C.
    I sit on hold after pressing #1. which is to report a gun related crime, and 5 min later a lady answers the phone and I explain to her whats going on ....she tells me to call my local office in the
    morning, and she cant even look up the Fake FFL....."WOW our tax payer dollars hard at work...maybe that #1 option on the phone should say "To get a fat lazy Bitch who wont take a report, or bother
    to use a keyboard press #1"

So I call the local ATF and leave a message for them "lets see if they bother to call back haha"

While I'm typing this I have gotten 3 text messages from this guy asking if I have sent payment.

How can they do this stuff and NOT get caught?
    Can Money Gram not be traced and if it can then how can you send it to an address electronically and then it get routed some where else and not be caught.

Anyhow just wanted to relay this story so no other BS members get caught off guard.
    I'm going to keep playing him and see if I can fish an account number of some type out of him to give to the good guys...but they will probably do nothing.

I am attaching the FFL he sent me along with the addresses and phone number as well.
    You cant see the last number on the FFL, its like someone didn't center the camera up well and it got chopped off...that didn't deter me when I put the numbers in that the ATF
    website asked for...I just entered 0 thru 9 for the last numbers and never got a hit.

Hope I'm not doing wrong by posting the FFL and information here...If I am mods feel free to delete it.

And if anyone can verify its a Real and Active FFL let me know

The information is as follows.

Shannon Duffy
    6671 Warren Road.
    Milton Fl, 32583
    (385)202-3374

Its different address but same name on FFL

His email is
    adaminous62@gmail.com
    And the name that comes through with his emails is Shannon Duffy

They got this crap down to an art.

Thanks,
    LG

Attachments

• My Ffl.._resized.jpg
      My Ffl.._resized.jpg
      123.2 KB · Views: 721
    • img_0449.jpg_resized.jpg
      img_0449.jpg_resized.jpg
      24.5 KB · Views: 128

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    I couldn't tell from the looks of it, but I did notice that some I saw on the net had a different signature for the AFT issuing agent.
    Guess maybe those were from the previous office holder lol.

Guy has called me 3 times...I just don't answer tonight.

I wish there was a reply I could send him like

"This is the ATF, you will now be sent to prison for no less than 10 years for phony federal documents"
    or if my friend were still living here I would just take a pic of his SA badge and credentials and text it to this ass clown.

Man there has got to be a way of catching him.
    I have never had a scam artist be this persistent.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    MoneyGram is a money order that gas stations and Walmarts can sell (any money service business can sell them). Pretty much you bring in cash, and they convert it to a money order. Many of the scams that I see at work deal with people purchasing moneygram money orders and mailing them. So, you put cash into it, then mail it. The people receive it, cash it, and you have no way of getting your money back.

Now, MoneyGram in itself is not bad. Many people pay apartments or other debts with them as they are an 'official' item...though not as official as a certified check or a money order that a bank would supply. Nevertheless, I would recommend you NOT send this guy any money at all, though I think you have figured that out already. If you do, you will likely lose it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I couldn't tell from the looks of it, but I did notice that some I saw on the net had a different signature for the AFT issuing agent.
    Guess maybe those were from the previous office holder lol.

Guy has called me 3 times...I just don't answer tonight.

I wish there was a reply I could send him like

"This is the ATF, you will now be sent to prison for no less than 10 years for phony federal documents"
    or if my friend were still living here I would just take a pic of his SA badge and credentials and text it to this ass clown.

Man there has got to be a way of catching him.
    I have never had a scam artist be this persistent.

Call your local FBI office. Scamming people is illegal. Scamming people in regards to firearms is even more illegal. The FBI might even play along and go grab the dude.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Can you pick up a money gram anywhere or is it sent to a specific location? If you could fake sending a money gram you could have someone waiting to bust him when he goes to pick it up.

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    Well he's also selling guns in D.C. under the name Mr. Duffy using that same phone number.

http://www.gunlistings.org/district...d.c./all/181057/colt__gold_cup_national_match

Same gun in about 13 different cities stated as location and different email

http://www.gunlistings.org/user-view.php?emailid=39716

Utah with a different email also

http://utahgunexchange.com/ads/sig-...er-sig-1911-tac-pac-r-45-wrail-holster-laser/

To many listings to list them all. Each in ifferent states using the same phone number with a different name or email associated with it. Hamilton in Minneapolis etc....

Total scam it's amazing how they get away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Can you pick up a money gram anywhere or is it sent to a specific location? If you could fake sending a money gram you could have someone waiting to bust him when he goes to pick it up.

You can purchase a money gram money order at any walmart and most gas stations. It looks like a check. You can mail it to anyone just like you could with a check.

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Well how does this dick actually get the money gram once its mailed to the supplied address?
    Is it then forwarded some where else and never makes it to the house, or does he have some one go get it for him
    out of the mail box?
    I mean he has to lay his hands on the check some how....I would be willing to drive to Florida and wait till this ass clown
    put his hand in the mail box just to kick his ass.
    I mean the Feds should have no problem with this guy.

And how did you find his ad's so easy?

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I'd be tempted to text him back and say you're going to be in his area this weekend for business. Tell him you'll meet him at USP, give him cash, and ya'll can ship the gun to your FFL. I wouldn't actually do this of course, but it'd be interesting to see his reaction.

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    hey the last Ad for the Sig is actually in Utah where his number shows to be from when he calls me...
    I may email him from one of my other emails and play along....this could get to be a fun game haha

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well how does this dick actually get the money gram once its mailed to the supplied address?
    Is it then forwarded some where else and never makes it to the house, or does he have some one go get it for him
    out of the mail box?
    I mean he has to lay his hands on the check some how....I would be willing to drive to Florida and wait till this ass clown
    put his hand in the mail box just to kick his ass.
    I mean the Feds should have no problem with this guy.

And how did you find his ad's so easy?

He is probably actually in Utah. I would guess he has multiple forwards setup so the mail is harder to trace. The FBI is really good at that though :)

critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    I'm bored so I just set up an outlook email account and sent an email about the Sig for sale.
    I'll see how quick he replies and if the FFL license he sends is the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd say your FFL requested a new scan of Mr. Duffy's FFL as the license number is cut off and you can't initiate a transaction with that.

I see what looks like one or more Adobe Photoshop layers present in that image, not at all representative of a legitimate image scan.

Guess what? I knew the combination of numbers wasn't legit for an FFL. That image HAS been doctored, the form there is an FEL, or Federal Explosives License. A fireworks distributor might show you one of those.

I'd definitely give the FBI office in N.O. a call later today and see if they're interested in pursuing this. The ATF has bigger, more pointless things to fry right now anyways.

Attachments

• FEL_license.JPG
      FEL_license.JPG
      20.7 KB · Views: 100
    Last edited:

LouisianaGuy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Walker, LA
    Ain't that interesting.
    When I looked online at pics of FFLs they looked like yours but had the firearms category on them hummm
    I will call the FBI this evening and give the info I have to them.
    It really seems like this would be an easy to catch criminal, all they would have to do is contact post office that delivers to the address I provide and see where mail is forwarded, then if its sent to another place call that place...in the end with a few calls they could find the final resting place of these money.grams

Top Bottom