Copy of e-mail re. Honey Island

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You could show deer hunters a video of a heard of deer grazing in the middle of a firefight and they would say gunshots scare them off. If cars whizzing by them while grazing along the side of the interstate doesn't scare them because they get used to it then they will also get used to gunshots. I have a private range and have deer walk by while we are shooting but the hunters who hunt the land surrounding mine are always complaining we are scaring the deer away.

It's the disruption of serenity that corrupts their judgment. I know better, but there is something about guns (other than the hunters), going off that screws with the psych. I admit, unnerves me too.

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I went out there yesterday and the ROs were doing a good job of making sure that everyone who came in knew about the proposed hours changes. They've set up a petition as well so if you find your way out there make sure you sign it!

mercurysys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    I think they need to get rid of the requirement to have a hunting/fishing license in order to use the range. Other states that have ranges on WMAs & State Parks don't require you have a license, you just pay a parking/use fee.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    to those that said just go to sherburne - thats a great place to get a .45 caliber nipple piercing.

we even have a thread on it somewhere.

i don't see the big deal with the hour change honestly.

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    Good bump...they skirted the issue this year and instead jumped to winter hours a few weeks early.

I disagree with changing the hours for hunting season as the range is only open 3 days per week, and clearly not long enough on those days anyway, so hunting can go on undisturbed the other 4 days of the week.

Top Bottom