Sherberne WMA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Free and open to the public. All you need is a Louisiana fishing or hunting license.

There is a check-in check-out card that needs to be filled out. The fine is $350.00 if you don't do it. They need these cards to document use of the facility for their funding. The cards can be found on the rifle range side. I believe they have a new box on the road in by the by the office trailer.

Phill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Prairieville, LA
    Wildlife and Fisheries agents have an office right next to the range.
    I don't think there are ever actual range officers that stay and watch over shooters.

killdee

Wanderer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    BR, LA
    There is a check-in check-out card that needs to be filled out. The fine is $350.00 if you don't do it. They need these cards to document use of the facility for their funding. The cards can be found on the rifle range side. I believe they have a new box on the road in by the by the office trailer.

You can download the permit forms online and fill them out ahead of time. Here is a link to the form on the LDWF website:

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/document/35729-wma-self-clearing-permit-form-july-2012/wma_self_clearing_permit_form-july_2012.pdf

Be sure to carefully follow the instructions on the form. Part of the form goes in the box at the WMA at check-in. Another portion must be carried by each user while on the WMA, and then deposited in the permit box at the conclusion of the activity.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Thats an excellent idea. I haven't been out to Sherburne in over a year. I have a Caldwell Lead Sled DFT that my wife bought me for Christmas LAST year that is still unopened in the box. I am on vacation until Dec 16th. I think one day I need to run out there.

cbr900son

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    broussard la
    Great range! Me and the family usually make a mini-family day out of iot. Shoot a little archery, skeet, pistols and 22's and rfles if times permit. Bring some water or snaks tho if you plan on staying long.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I went to Sherburne this morning . I have been needing to sight in my Grandson's new rifle and I have been putting it off . Today was NOT a good day for shooting but I sucked it up and did it anyway . It was FREEZING and windy . :eek: Got it done and got the hell out of there .

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom