Bringing a Canadian to Honey Island Range?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Everything you need to know about entering the Pearl River WMA to use the shooting range can be found here: http://honeyisland.org/info.htm
    It amazes me how much confusion and mis-information there is out there when this topic comes up. Why buy any type of out of state license that costs way more than the $2.00 Wild Louisiana Stamp when all you want to do is go shoot some paper and steel? Seems like overkill to me. I've been to the Pearl River WMA several times for shooting at the range and other activities, never for hunting or fishing. Always had the Wild Louisiana Stamp for those times that I didn't have a current fishing license. Have I ever been asked to show it? No. But $2.00 to enter the WMA sure does beat the fine for not having it. Sure it's just another money grab but what are you going to do about it? $6.00 range fee plus another $2.00 to avoid a fine and you can shoot all day if you'd like? Sounds like a deal to me.

Last edited:

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Revenue producer, yes. Because if one doesn't have it then that is a ticket to be written and money coming in.
    If I am not mistaken, fine money from tickets that wildlife and fisheries give are paid to the parish the violation in which the violation occurred. Their money grab comes in the license sales. That money is dedicated to enforcement.

mercurysys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    I find it ridiculous that you have to get a fishing/hunting license to either use the range or to drive around in the area to bird watch or whatever. Other states don't require this, seems kinda archaic to me. If someone goes there and hunts or fishes, you arrest them and fine them.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I find it ridiculous that you have to get a fishing/hunting license to either use the range or to drive around in the area to bird watch or whatever. Other states don't require this, seems kinda archaic to me. If someone goes there and hunts or fishes, you arrest them and fine them.

48c4gokfsqx7p8du1l0.jpg

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Haven't gone through the whole thread but wanted to comment that bringing someone from outside the States to shoot is a terrific idea. We recently had someone from Singapore spend a couple weeks at our manufacturing facility in Schriever. The only real guns he ever saw were in an exhibit and out of reach. We were told he wouldn't even be permitted to return home with the monthly gun rags we gave him to read. The local sheriff's range was kind enough to let us take him one day on our lunch hour and fire several of our guns. He was absolutely thrilled. As it turned out, there was another shooter there who let him fire a Reising SMG!
    It made the rest of us appreciate the individual liberties we're blessed with.

Top Bottom