Range designed safely?? Your opinions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    The owners of the range should consult with the NRA's range development course. The course gives minimum guidelines for backstops for all kinds of situations and their minimum if I remember correctly is either 20' or 25'. I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment.

Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    He should also factor in the "Stupid Factor". Whatever the specs call for increase it by at least 25%. Accidents happen but there are a few folks out there that don't know one end of a firearm from the other (unfortunately).

Rhandhali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    New Orleans
    I used to shoot at Bluegrass Sportsman's League in Kentucky; they had a similar problem when one of the farmhouses nearby complained of rounds dropping onto his house. Nobody was hurt, thankfully. They ended up installing 20 foot long sewer pipes in front of the lanes, maybe 18 to 24 inch in diameter and about 10 feet long. By shooting through the pipes it basically made it impossible for you to get a steep enough angle to go over the berm. Made a really weird noise but it made the neighbors happy. They later moved to a heavy steel baffle thing that sloped over the front of the firing line at such an angle that you couldn't get the muzzle over the berm without shooting through the roof.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom