2014 Fitness

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What is everyone doing this year fitness wise? Any cool new diets? New workout plan? Whats up guys?!

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    I thought about excercising, But I sat down till the urge went away. LMAO Im considering quiting smoking and doing some cardio. Last year when I shot in a 3gun competition I thought I was gonna pass out. Its hard to aim when your trying to catch your breath. I'ne been scanning Craigslist for a Bowflex and a tread mill. No luck yet

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I thought about excercising, But I sat down till the urge went away. LMAO Im considering quiting smoking and doing some cardio. Last year when I shot in a 3gun competition I thought I was gonna pass out. Its hard to aim when your trying to catch your breath. I'ne been scanning Craigslist for a Bowflex and a tread mill. No luck yet

If you are going to run or walk on a treadmill and you will actually do it, then you can also actually go outside. Fresh air is good. Sunlight is good. I would recommend staying away from a bowflex and other things like that at first if you are trying to get back into shape. Free weights are much easier to use and they don't take up nearly as much space. Also, for just cardio, if running isn't an option, biking is always great.

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    Already lost 10 lbs using kettlebells, squats, running/interval sprints, and dumbbell work. High protein, moderate complex carb and all the colors of the rainbow veggies as much as I can get.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I've been making healthier food choices only eating subway whenever I need a quick meal or the wife doesn't feel like cooking. Cooking at home has helped a bunch and is saving us more money. Before we were eating out 95% of the time.

Me and the wife have been working out a the local YMCA 3 days a week since about mid December and it has been nice. Feels like we are spending more time together.

Last edited:

deuxlatch

Airbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Lafayette, La/Houston Tx.
    Replacing rice with quinoa, limiting my intake of "processed" foods, concentrating on core strength with crossfit exercises, and kicking the sugar habit. I just wanna die right now but if I can hold out I'm told the benefits will come back 10 fold.

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    The fad diets and workouts come and go every year...5 months ago I decided to go back to the basics and strictly do freeweight and bodyweight exercises. I built a spartan home gym from used commercial quality stuff found locally for the cost of a two year gym membership. A half rack, few hundred pound of olympic plates, a barbell, adjustable dumbells, FID bench, dip, and pullup bars is all that is really needed. The small amount of equipment takes up little space and really makes you get creative with workouts. I get better workouts at home now than I did at fancy gyms with fancy equipment, plus don't have the crowds or commute to deal with. I'd recommend this if you have the space (everything fits comfortably in 10x10 room), self-motivation, and safety measures in place to lift at home. Good luck with your fitness goals in 2014.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Geez Austin. I already made one of these but I guess no one cared enough.

ANYWAY.

95/5 paleo
    Crossfit 6x/week
    Walking 10 miles/week with the dog until my PF heals and I can start running again.

No bread, no chocolate, no coffee, no processed foods, no candy, no alcohol, no soft drinks.

Weekly meal plans are made on Saturdays, hit the store Sunday morning, cook Sunday afternoon, have everything prepped thru Wednesday. Cook and food prep again on Thursdays.

Oh, and I started Advocare yesterday.

Time to kick butt and take some names and lift heavy shiz.

Last edited:

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Going to bump up my 4 days a week training to 5-6 days a week again and get from 10% by to 6 by the next 4 months

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You're 10% BF?

He lives in the gym.

Stokes: stay at 10% dude. It is so much better. I was at between 4 and 6% body fat for two years. It was horrible to maintain that. 10% keeps you looking fine and not feeling terrible.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    He lives in the gym.

Stokes: stay at 10% dude. It is so much better. I was at between 4 and 6% body fat for two years. It was horrible to maintain that. 10% keeps you looking fine and not feeling terrible.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Maybe.

10% looks good on a lot of guys. Getting below that can be scary haha.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    He lives in the gym.

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

Realisticly, I would be happy with 8% since 6% would be difficult to maintain as you stated

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    RSChick you mentioned no coffee. Does coffee effect metabolism? I dropped a ton of weight a few years ago, and have slowly gained more back than I would like. Have read about coffee positively and negatively effecting metabolism. I think I'm in the later. Do you have an opinion?

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I am going to eat bk fries because they are now healthier than mc'd's

Seriously, been doing a little cardio

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members