will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • George

Don't tase me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Denham springs
    Bass pro in denham has 22lr limit 2 boxes. 2.49/50 rd or 20.33 for 300 rd cci ar tactical pack

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

300BLK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    Jefferson Gun Outlet on Airline Hwy in Metairie has Federal 325 Value Packs as of yesterday. They also have a decent stack of Aquilla Super Extra. Sorry, didn't check the prices. Give 'em a call before you go there.

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Jefferson Gun Outlet on Airline Hwy in Metairie has Federal 325 Value Packs as of yesterday. They also have a decent stack of Aquilla Super Extra. Sorry, didn't check the prices. Give 'em a call before you go there.

They had them a lot during the shortage and were raping people on prices with it. Wont step foot in there again. Have never had good service there.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    They had them a lot during the shortage and were raping people on prices with it. Wont step foot in there again. Have never had good service there.

I've shopped there MANY times... never had an issue at all. "Raping people" on prices? Come on... they were NO hire than what was even available online during the shortage and STILL couldn't keep them on the shelf. They were no hire than Puglia's or any other local outlet other than Wal-Mart or Academy (if you could even find any on the shelf because of the hoarders or guys going in and buying it all up to resell). Also, no shipping... buy a brick or a single box from Midway or one of the online retailers at $0.08 a round and pay $30 to ship either way? The online sources that sold for seemingly lower prices made up for those prices in shipping.

It reminds me of a couple of other scenarios...

Years back there was a fire at a PC Memory plant in Korea that caused a HUGE spike in memory chips that lasted nearly a decade or longer! The kicker was the amount of chips supplied to the US from that facility was less than 1% of the chips coming into the country.

Or how about Gasoline... you pay inflated prices EVERY DAY for gas. It varies from station to station and even increases depending on the "specials" they're running or who they're associated with... and the oil giants even regulate production to keep the price from dropping below a set level. So figure out which stations are supplied by them and never buy it again?

Please...

If the demand is there... the price goes up. That's business my friend.

As for the service... Never had good service? It's not an in-depth customer service process...

1. Customer says... "Can I see that firearm?" or "I need a box of (insert ammo here)".
    2. If "ammo" goto 4 else goto 3
    3. Clerk opens case
    4. Clerk picks up firearm/ammo (if ammo, goto 6)
    5. does a safety check
    6. hands firearm/ammo to customer
    7. Customer response... "I'll take it" or "No thanks"
    8. If "No thanks", then goto 10... else goto 9
    9. Customer pays for item.
    10. customer leaves store or continues shopping.
    11. If customer leaves, then end, else goto 1

How much more service do you need??? hahaha...

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Keep in mind they also are a little high but sell ammo and rent guns{at the other location}
    They can get what the going rate is and were providing a service. Lots of new shooters{and kids} 22 and needed ammo and renters. At least they had some
    They were no higher than others were asking and had it so shooters could shoot

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Keep in mind they also are a little high but sell ammo and rent guns{at the other location}
    They can get what the going rate is and were providing a service. Lots of new shooters{and kids} 22 and needed ammo and renters. At least they had some
    They were no higher than others were asking and had it so shooters could shoot

Sounds like Cheaper Than Dirt with their Price Gouging.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I put in a backorder for a case of Federal 525 .22lr at Midway USA in mid January 2014, and it got filled in July.
    Extremely surprised, and they did not gouge on price - got them right at 4 cents each, including the shipping cost.
    One thing I noticed, is that Midway USA no longer has ANY .22 ammo that can be backordered since around late March.
    Wonder what they know that would be nice for us to know.

Sneakybuffalo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2014
    United States
    Academy in Covington got a shipment of .22 in today. I bought a Rem. Bucket O' Bullets (1400 rounds). I think there was 1 more of those left and a few bricks of 500 Remington. They were running $0.046 per round, so about $0.05 after tax.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Academy in Covington got a shipment of .22 in today. I bought a Rem. Bucket O' Bullets (1400 rounds). I think there was 1 more of those left and a few bricks of 500 Remington. They were running $0.046 per round, so about $0.05 after tax.

Nice, very refreshing to see some retailers not gouging.

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville

I got there about 40 minutes after you posted this......GONE :(

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    I got there about 40 minutes after you posted this......GONE :(

I got 2 boxes of Federal about a month ago at Academy in Slidell.
    Got home and noticed 40 rounds per box ?
    When did they start doing this ?
    That just pushed the per round cost up by about 20%
    Sneaky dogs - getting like packaged food manufacturers.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    7ee8fad8b048e9524d45c181f6c8e151.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member