Nick's Shooting Range trip

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Packed up the .22's and my 11 year old step son and headed over to Nick's in Garyville for a few hours. Burned up 250 rounds and we had a great time. I picked up a synthetic stock Marlin Model 60 for the boy to shoot. I brought my trusty 10/22 outfitted with folding stock, bipod and scope and my vintage Mossberg bolt action.

This time we actually got to shoot. Our first attempt was just before New Year's day. We headed over and as soon as we got there it started to rain. The 2nd attempt was cut even shorter when I picked up a wounded and plum tuckered out hunting dog on the side of I-10 about a 1/2 mile past Airline Hwy. Put him in the car, brought him home, gave him a bath, medical attention to the cuts and eye and a good meal. Owner came and picked him up about two hours later. Lil guy is sitting out the rest of the hunting season under Dr.'s orders. Owner texted me and thanked me again for saving his lost dog.

We really had a nice time out there. The staff was very nice and the breaks to change/move targets were good. Shot some good groups out to 50 yards. That's plenty good for picking off a rabbit. I will return with my .17 HMR and sight it in.

So, the total investment with range fee and two targets was $15 and change. Not bad for three hours of quality time.

rpgraham

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Thanks for the post and the info - been meaning to get out there and now I'm convinced that I should go. Thanks again.

wiliermdb

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2014
    Prairieville, LA
    Spent a few hours out there on Sunday. Messed around the house a little longer than I had planned so I didn't have as much time at the range as I'd wanted.

Think I'm going to join for a year next time I go. Three trips will cover the fee and then it's $5 per visit.

Nola 32/65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    Metairie
    I went here for the first time in Mid February and enjoyed it well. I'm sure i'll go back again.

Shadeaux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Hammond
    Been going there for several years. I live in Hammond and wish there was one near me.
    Nick's is great, though

dtrice

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    Metarie, LA
    I get out to Nick's whenever I can. Good people, and like supporting them.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom