Life expectancy of Sherburne shooters?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Went to the Sherburne range for the first time today and had a good time. Didn't see any of the safety issues people were reporting here.

Overall for a free public range it's very nice. I plan on going back.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I had someone walk up to me on the pistol range with a jammed up .357 magnum revolver, pointing it at me, asking if I could look at it. After I was able to safely get the gun away from him, I looked at it and said it needed to go to a gunsmith. This individual was shooting his "reloads" and must have overcharged a round because it wasn't pretty due to the expanded cylinder. As a result, I rarely go there unless it is during the week or with a group of friends/family. The last thing I want is to end up shot by some idiot who doesn't know the basic rules of gun safety.

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Why does this happen though? Do people just not think at all these days? Why are they so dangerously oblivious to the fact that they are handling a tool that is essentially designed to kill? I've seen pretty stupid stuff at Bass Pro myself. So, it's not limited to just Sherburne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Why does this happen though? Do people just not think at all these days? Why are they so dangerously oblivious to the fact that they are handling a tool that is essentially designed to kill? I've seen pretty stupid stuff at Bass Pro myself. So, it's not limited to just Sherburne.

I think you underestimate the power and pervasiveness of human stupidity.

Top Bottom