Shreveport 3 gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    Shreveport,LA 71105
    336 Shootout Ln, Princeton, LA 71067
    (318) 949-9884

First shoot is the 30th of this Month. I think its 20.00 to attend the match. I will check and find out. I know Jerry Miculek said it was starting back up again per my friend and one of the guys that had it going before.

Rhodie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Free to watch. Just be sure to bring your eye and ear protection and be prepared to sign a release form.

But, with that said, it's no fun to watch....... bring your gear and jump on in!!!!

Rhodie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    The guys managing the matches have created a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Old-School-3-Gun/1479249245622932

I'm still trying to get some of the finer details from them. But, so far I have this:

No Equipment Classes, Run what ya brung (per the FB page)
    IDPA Style Scoring
    Abandoned Weapons must be empty and on safe
    IMA abandonment rules

If I get anything else that is not on the FB page for everyone to see, I will post it here.

Edited to change abandonment rules.....

Last edited:

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    The guys managing the matches have created a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Old-School-3-Gun/1479249245622932

I'm still trying to get some of the finer details from them. But, so far I have this:

No Equipment Classes, Run what ya brung (per the FB page)
    IDPA Style Scoring
    Abandoned Weapons must be empty and on safe

If I get anything else that is not on the FB page for everyone to see, I will post it here.

I know the players...good group. I will have to try a make it.

HogHunter1203

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    SWLA
    Been wanting to try out 3 gun out for a while, unfortunately I'm lacking in the equipment department. Got a Glock 19, PSA AR with an eotech sight (no magnifier), and a beretta A400 in camo. Will this suffice or do I get laughed off the field?

Rhodie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Been wanting to try out 3 gun out for a while, unfortunately I'm lacking in the equipment department. Got a Glock 19, PSA AR with an eotech sight (no magnifier), and a beretta A400 in camo. Will this suffice or do I get laughed off the field?

As kz45 said, your gear is just fine. I can guarantee you that you will not be judged or ridiculed for any gear you bring. Well..... you may get flung a little crap in good humor. Just remember, if we ever pick on you it's because we like you...... We just want you to participate and have a good time. If it's your first 3G match or first match of any description, still come on out and play. Shoot whatever gear you have at your speed, get your hits and be safe. The rest will take care of itself. Ask lots of questions and be prepared to take on a second mortgage or sell a kidney to finance your addiction after you are hooked.

Rhodie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Thank you sir! Is the time and address on fb also?

Yes it is. Shooter's meeting @ 8:45, first shots @ 9:00. I'd be there @ 8:30 so you can start loading mags and get your gear ready to go.

Address is 355 Shootout Lane Princeton, LA.

If you are coming from Shreveport, take exit 33, cross back over the interstate, turn right on 80, go down til you see Shootout Lane on the right.

If you are coming from Monroe / Ruston / Minden area, take exit 38, cross back under the interstate, turn right on 80, go down until you see Shootout lane on the left (it's just after the high fence around Camp Minden ends).

Go all the way to the end of Shootout Lane. You will be looking at the gable end of a long covered shooting area. That's the Caddo Gun Club range. Right before that to the right is a smaller covered area in front of a big bay. That's where the shooter's meeting will be. The match itself will be in the first two bays in the front and in the bays located around behind the front two. Don't plan on being able to drive around to the back bays unless you hear it from one of the guys helping put on the match (I'm just trying to spread the word). We had to use wagons and gun carts to get our gear to the back at the last match (but, that was almost a year and a half ago).

Top Bottom