Indoor Shooting Range in da Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    If you're on the rifle lane make sure you don't go outside the round box... It's $100 per incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    If you go out of the 2 foot by 4 foot rifle box at 50 feet, you deserve the fine, IMHO. Shouldn't happen unless someone gooses you while you were pulling the trigger. :mamoru:

If you're on the rifle lane make sure you don't go outside the round box... It's $100 per incident.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    A bogus $100 fee for "cleanup" no matter what the reason is dumb. At least call it something practical. It's not that I think anyone would ever get that fine, but just having it and what they call it is ridiculous.

I'll stay in Jefferson. Better range fees, nicer environment, id spend the money I'm saving with gas on ammo.

If I still lived in chalmette I would rather drive out to my uncles house and shoot it where it doesn't cost me a dime.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    When I asked about the fee, they told me that it was just to deter people from being complete idiots. Honestly, if someone can't hit a 2 foot by 4 foot target at 50 feet, they may want to reconsider whether or not they should be shooting that particular weapons platform.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    A bogus $100 fee for "cleanup" no matter what the reason is dumb. At least call it something practical. It's not that I think anyone would ever get that fine, but just having it and what they call it is ridiculous.

I'll stay in Jefferson. Better range fees, nicer environment, id spend the money I'm saving with gas on ammo.

If I still lived in chalmette I would rather drive out to my uncles house and shoot it where it doesn't cost me a dime.

Who did you talk to? When I called them on Sat, they said it was a 50.00 "damage fee" because people have already hit the legs and outside edges of the box and caused damage, most likely with steel core kind of ammo. They said they did not initially have that fee, bit had to institute it after people repeatedly striking outside the impact zone and actually damaging the box thing.

What do you think is nicer about the environment? Have not been yet, but have been to the place in jefferson and could not imagine it being more cramped or with a more shady crowd. LOL But then again, it is close to NOLA east.

Allen1911, you seem to like the place, what would you say about the "environment and range fees" versus the other place or something like FITS? Is it worth the trip?

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I agree.
    This thread is hilarious
    The "environment" over there seems pretty laid back and relaxed. Basically told me to handle my weapon safely and have a good time (don't be a d-bag was the actual quote). The range fees seem good to me, plus no rental fees on eyes and ears if you forget yours. I enjoy shooting there or I wouldn't waste my time talking about it. I also enjoy shooting at Shooter's Club and Nick's, just depends where my friends want to meet and what is closer.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Does anyone know why steel case ammo is not allowed at the range?

I called today and a female and male worker both verified that steel case ammo is not allowed, brass only.

I was going to take my brother but he only had steel case with him.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Does anyone know why steel case ammo is not allowed at the range?

I called today and a female and male worker both verified that steel case ammo is not allowed, brass only.

I was going to take my brother but he only had steel case with him.
    First thought that comes to mind is they may only want ppl to shoot brass case so they can sell the spent cases...(?)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I went to the range this weekend. What a great time. I have got to hand it to Brannon, this is a first class range. He has got a friendly staff ready and willing to help. The retail space was beautifully set up and best of all, the ammo prices were pretty cheap for at the range prices. Way better than I have seen elsewhere.
    I will also say that the classroom is wonderful with awesome seats (good thing because Brannon teaches what I consider to be the most in depth and well researched CHP class in the state which actually takes a minimum of 8 hours). Yes, he actually gives you your money's worth and teaches for the whole 8 hours. If you get a chance, I highly recommend stopping by, I seriously doubt that you will be disappointed.

Knowing Brannon I am sure he teaches a very good class. I am impressed that you have evaluated all the Firearms Instructors in Louisiana.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Not sure why steel case is the only one allowed, but maybe there's a higher failure rate with it, leading to more stuck cartridges, which then leads to patrons pointing it an every direction trying to get a better look at what's wrong. Had a guy last week at shootersclub with a stuck steel round.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Last edited:

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Knowing Brannon I am sure he teaches a very good class. I am impressed that you have evaluated all the Firearms Instructors in Louisiana.

It is a very good class, but I don't presume to sound like I have evaluated every instructor in Louisiana, LOL. I have attended 4 total CHP classes total and just wanted to say that his was definately the most informative of the ones that I attended. I plan on going to as many different instructors as possible to get as broad of knowledge base as possible for my information. I don't want to sound like I am married to any one instructor, sorry if it came across that way.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I can verify that Steel cased is allowed, just not steel core. The female at the range is pretty new and I don't think that she has a firm grasp on the difference between case, core and jacket, LOL. I shoot steel case there all the time. I looked up the rules regarding it on their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.590008137747991.1073741828.214996888582453&type=3 Hope that this helps clear things up.

Thanks. I was going by this from the page, but I've since learned the details:

So I may soon be taking my youngest brother (saving my brass for myself ;)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom