Indoor Shooting Range in da Parish

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Can't say I'm going tomorrow...but that was my favorite range. I miss it...Glad to learn it is opening back up. Thanks

Yea...just to edit this post and add that I do appreciate Shooters Club. Its also a good range and they have always been very pleasant. Its not like I can even say a bad word about Shooters Club and meant no disrespect of them. They are great IMO also.

Last edited:

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I know what you mean. I'm not saying that I don't enjoy Shooter's Club, but I hate the drive to it. It's just nice to be able to run 3 minutes from my house to go punch holes in paper.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So right when I move out da parish they open the range.... Figures... I enjoyed using the St. Bernard private range but hates having the haul a truck load if Equiptment to do so. Now the closest range to me is bayou dragon but I'll give an allergy attack every time I go due to the dust etc....

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I went to the range this weekend. What a great time. I have got to hand it to Brannon, this is a first class range. He has got a friendly staff ready and willing to help. The retail space was beautifully set up and best of all, the ammo prices were pretty cheap for at the range prices. Way better than I have seen elsewhere. Now on to the range itself. Brannon has set up clear floor markers to help judge distance and with possibly the best idea since sliced bread, has cardboard backers for the targets. No more targets flapping in the breeze (well, er, air conditioning) or muzzle blast from closer ranges. The range has really improved from what it used to be. I will also say that the classroom is wonderful with awesome seats (good thing because Brannon teaches what I consider to be the most in depth and well researched CHP class in the state which actually takes a minimum of 8 hours). Yes, he actually gives you your money's worth and teaches for the whole 8 hours. If you get a chance, I highly recommend stopping by, I seriously doubt that you will be disappointed. Almost forgot, the bathrooms...they are nice, not like the 3rd world country feel that they had before. LOL. this alone is going to make it easier to get the wife out to the range more often.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I could not make it last weekend. However, I will be there soon. That is the range where I learned to shoot. It has always been a home away from home for me. Jefferson Indoor is still a great place to shoot, but I just have to return home to the place that is dearly missed.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Allen,
    Any numbers like: How much to shoot there? How long is the range? What can be shot in there?

I am telling people it is open but that is all I know so far.
    I will call soon. (504) 982-5433.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Allen,
    Any numbers like: How much to shoot there? How long is the range? What can be shot in there?

I am telling people it is open but that is all I know so far.
    I will call soon. (504) 982-5433.

The range fee was $20 for the lane (no time limit). The range is 50ft long. I saw people shooting AR's on one lane, but I don't know what the max caliber is. They were telling the guys with the AR's that they just needed to see them before they shot to check out the muzzle brake. I'm joining because with the membership you don't have to pay any range fees when you shoot. I'll get my money back in 10 trips.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    The range fee was $20 for the lane (no time limit). The range is 50ft long. I saw people shooting AR's on one lane, but I don't know what the max caliber is. They were telling the guys with the AR's that they just needed to see them before they shot to check out the muzzle brake. I'm joining because with the membership you don't have to pay any range fees when you shoot. I'll get my money back in 10 trips.

Thanks,
    I am member at a local range 15 minutes from my house and can shoot for $10 on a 50 yard lane. The membership with no lane fee is good. My membership is lifetime and only locks in the range fee. I already shot enough to pay for it. In fact I made sure it did so if the place closes or cancels my membership I would be good. They would often give my guest a lane for the same price. $20 was the last price I know of & may have gone up.
    I want to go & put the word out to support this range. Everybody moans because of no place to shoot but the same people won't support a range. In the NOLA area we still have it pretty good with range options compared to other places.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles

That seems like a pretty solid deal.

Cliff wuertz

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Saint Bernard, Louisiana
    This is a great facility with helpful staff. This range has awesome hours of operation also. I've signed up for a 1 year membership, I at least go once or twice a week since they have opened. Brannon the owner takes his business very serious and it shows by how nice this place is put together. I highly recommend the Saint Bernard indoor shooting center.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I'm thinking of bringing my daughter to the range this Friday since she is out of school. Anybody else going?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I tried it about two weeks ago. I am getting a membership soon. The range is even better than the old one. The retail space is a lot better than the old range. It is modern and relevant to current needs.
    There are rental guns available by caliber. That means you can rent 9mm and try as many of the 9mm handguns as you want for the rental fee of $20. You just have to buy the range ammo which is reasonable in price. I will make sure to rent the HK P7M8 next time.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I tried it about two weeks ago. I am getting a membership soon. The range is even better than the old one. The retail space is a lot better than the old range. It is modern and relevant to current needs.
    There are rental guns available by caliber. That means you can rent 9mm and try as many of the 9mm handguns as you want for the rental fee of $20. You just have to buy the range ammo which is reasonable in price. I will make sure to rent the HK P7M8 next time.
    Just letting you know, you will be a changed man. Just know once you shoot it, your bank account will be squandered on hk's and Hk related paraphernalia.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    Just letting you know, you will be a changed man. Just know once you shoot it, your bank account will be squandered on hk's and Hk related paraphernalia.

I agree.... P-7s are just incredible shooters. I think it's partly the squeeze cocking which may enhance my gripping the gun. In any case, I just could not miss when ever I shot a P-7

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    What is the lighting and air system like there? Last place I went was bayou Dragon. I think they call it that because when you leave, your throat has enough dust and smoke in it, it isa like you are a fire-breathing dragon. LOL

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Brought my daughter to the range yesterday. She had a blast. The ventilation is quite good in my opinion.
    Here is a picture of her on the firing line.
    image.jpg
    The first target is her work with a Colt Buntline 22, High Standard Sport King 22 and Glock 9mm.
    image.jpg
    The second is all her with the Glock 9mm.
    image.jpg
    The last is my attempt at rapid fire with the Glock 9mm. I hate getting outshot by my kid, LOL. Now I owe her dinner and dessert.
    image.jpg
    Anyways it was a wonderful way to spend some quality time with my little girl.
    The only downside is that now she is eyeing up my Glock. She says that it shoots much better that the Sig P250sc that she previously laid claim to.
    Oh well, anybody want to buy a used Sig so I can buy her a Glock 19? LOL.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom