Baton Rouge or nearby ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Got a new Mossberg 500 yesterday. Was wondering where I could go to shoot some clay pigeons. The only place I ever go is Hunter's run but that is rented out a lot of times on the weekends.

Are there any places where I could use a self thrower around Baton Rouge?

Thanks

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    What Crippler said ^^^^^^^ Sherburne is the best place for all of your shooting needs and you can treat yourself to some Boudin Balls in Krotz Springs on the other side of the bridge on the right..Thats a shooting tradition me and some of my shooting buddies do after spending a few hours out there.

Zach

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm curious if anyone knows about shooting on public land. I may be a bit confused on this but when my buddies go down to fish on the levee sometimes there are hundreds of shotgun shells that have been spent. When they talked to a game warden that checked them for their fishing license I believe he said it was alright to throw your own clay pigeons and shoot them.

What's the deal with this?

Torino70GT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Acadiana
    I am very curious about this myself.... I have been going to Sherburne for many years and it's great... But sometimes I don't feel like making a day out of just shooting and cleaning.... Sometimes I just want to go shoot off a mag or two. Or do a function test after workng on the firearms.....

I look on Google Earth and just ride around looking at all the possible places to go shoot where "nobody" is around for miles... I really want to go to a field or something like that and just shoot for 10-15 minutes but I just can't bring myself to do it.... I have no idea what the law is on doing something like that is. I live by the rule, when you don't know how close to the line you are of legal and illegal, run as fast and far as you can to the safe side....

I can make a laundry list of possible charges I could see a Wildlife agent could give for something like that.... So my question is, can we do this??? Stop in and shoot at public land?? If I were riding out by some marshy land, could I get out and shoot??

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    On WMA's I believe there are regulations about no target shooting except at approved ranges. I don't believe you can possess a loaded gun on a WMA unless a season is in progress or you have a concealed carry permit or are at a range. As far as just driving out in the boonies and shooting. All land in LA is posted and does not have to posted signs for this. You have to have written permission to be on the land. They passed this law back in 2003. Some landowners may not care if you shoot on their property and if they don't give you written permission then they are not liable for any injuries you may have while on their land. Back in the day, people could trespass on other people's land and get injured and turn around and sue the landowner even though they were trespassing. The 2003 law put an end to this.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom