Low Light Pistol and Carbine 4/12 & 4/13 $200 Each Plaquimnes, LA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phobos Sol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    Greater NOLA
    Low Light Weapon Employment:

You know how to run your gun during daylight hours, now put your skills to the test during low light. Shooters will learn various low light shooting techniques for both the pistol and rifle (1 platform each day). This is a comprehensive course which includes lecture, demonstrations, and practical application. Each shooter will be drilled in all aspects of weapons handling and combat shooting with an emphasis on safety and real world application.
    The purpose of the training class is to expose the student to the proper use of the flashlight/ weapon mounted light and weapon in a low light environment, to develop student confidence and ability with handgun and carbine in fighting techniques and low light shooting situations and threat/target identification.

Topics to be covered:

o Safety
    o Three (3) natural night vision techniques
    o Weapon employment in various light and lighting conditions
    o Understanding the equipment necessary for low light weapon employment
    o Four (4) general purposes for employing a tactical light
    o Methods of employing a handgun AND carbine without a weapon mounted light
    o Identification of errors when shooting under low or no light
    o Lighting techniques in and around cover
    o Proper light useage in open and confined space
    o Use of light for threat/target identification

Equipment required:

o Eye Protection
    o Ear Protection
    o Rain Gear (seasonal)
    o Personal hydration
    o Sturdy belt that is capable of supporting a holster and support equipment,
    o Cleaning kit
    o Carbine with sling
    o Four (4) serviceable magazines
    o Carbine magazine pouches
    o Pistol and three (3) serviceable pistol magazines
    o Holster
    o Pistol magazine pouches
    o Hand held flashlight
    o Weapons mounted light
    o Headlamps are recommended
    o Knee pads (recommended)
    o Pen/notepad (recommeded)
    o SPARE BATTERIES/BULBS FOR ALL LIGHTS AND OPTICS

Note* there are some pre-requisites required. Please see Phobos website (in signiture below) for further information.

LMF45

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Metairie, La
    Anybody planning on attending this. I will be there to take advantage of the rare opportunity to shoot at night. I am excited because the weather should be excellent and I have been informed that the course will be over before midnight both days giving me a reasonable amount of time to get home and go to sleep before work on Monday.

I have all the money invested in weapons, and weapon lights the cost of getting quality training is small in comparison.

Last edited:

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    I would love to go to a class like this, but I can't spare 2 nights in a row. Wish there was just the pistol training in one night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I would love to go to a class like this, but I can't spare 2 nights in a row. Wish there was just the pistol training in one night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only make the Saturday class. Unless they changed it, it was set to be pistol on Saturday and Carbine on Sunday. No reason you cant just do a one day class.

Sigfan

Queso is the Answer
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    The Wank of JP
    Freedive is correct. Saturday night is pistol only. Sunday is rifle and involves some pistol. You are more than welcome to come out for Saturday only. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Also, just to reiterate, guys and gals. Some of us use weapon mounted lights and some use hand-helds (at least we all should be using one or the other). How many opportunities do you get to do shooting in the dusk/ dark hours from the holster with movement. Even if you are a certified Elite Ninja Walrus, unless you own your own land or a buddy does, when do you get to do this type of shooting. Not to mention the world class instruction ;-)

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk & misspellings thanks to iPhone

Last edited:

Sigfan

Queso is the Answer
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Jan 10, 2010
    The Wank of JP
    Class starts tomorrow guys. The pistol is filling up and carbine is a go. If the late hour on Sunday is a concern, we have discussed it and will have a working lunch/ dinner and shoot through. Should be out of there by 2300.

We don't offer this class often, like our Precision Rifle, this has way more logistics involved and isn't easy to put on. If you're on the fence, jump off, you won't regret it. If you think you don't need Low Light, well I guess you live somewhere the sun never sets and I'm mad you haven't invited me :-)

Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk & misspellings thanks to iPhone

Phobos Sol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2013
    Greater NOLA
    Had a great weekend guys and gals, thank you all for coming. Bugs were bad, but we pushed through. Here are some photos from the weekend.

Handgun

D2E9ABE3-4366-44F7-979C-99076B9328E6_zpspkjkklan.jpg

1F349169-6030-42F5-A3F3-660516F5827A_zps0jfyselq.jpg

4B399632-0B82-498C-B07D-DA7178B4F6A9_zps4qy9iegx.jpg

FD0E7B50-98C8-4CF3-BA07-3F27720C52C6_zpsoa9k7vzi.jpg

D25C4544-860B-4D0A-9441-8CF4425B1BAC_zpsq0a79hgz.jpg

0CC3A7E8-F8C7-4CD8-819D-E4C3357000EF_zps80w4q2vv.jpg

Carbine

5059D10C-D025-41B8-9121-E3AB1AFB4082_zpsabnwkbkx.jpg

7BDEA8E0-86C1-4081-96F7-1E6A822BE902_zpscgatwkct.jpg

Last edited:

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Thanks guys! I had a great time and learned a lot! As much as I hate mosquitoes, they added to the stress level and actually helped in my training!

OK guys, I have now added Phobos to my list of classes of quality instruction and training. These guys are located on the South Shore so all you guys in that area have almost zero excuses. Spend some $ on the software instead of all the extra hardware!

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Thanks guys! I had a great time and learned a lot! As much as I hate mosquitoes, they added to the stress level and actually helped in my training!

OK guys, I have now added Phobos to my list of classes of quality instruction and training. These guys are located on the South Shore so all you guys in that area have almost zero excuses. Spend some $ on the software instead of all the extra hardware!
    Yep, Nick is GTG!
    The wife and I took a private class with him a couple months ago. Nick succeeded teaching my wife in one day more than I had been able to teach her over a couple years! (Wives don't seem to take to instruction from their husbands. Go figure! ;))

Top Bottom