City of Baker Photo Speed Trap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    First ticket was spring 2012. Second one was maybe a year later or so. Downloaded all three of my credit reports a couple of months ago to review them and no sign of these tickets.

Well, you got lucky then. I forget how long it's been, but mine definitely showed up on a credit check.

Gypsy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Baker, Louisiana
    I have 3 tickets from main street in baker, they were sent to the wrong address, in the trash they went. I did watch the videos though, the drivers face is blurred out. The tickets are over 2 months old also, I have no idea who is driving.

The cameras they are using flash so bright at night, it's like lightning is striking on both sides of car. It's blinding. I may have to talk to the mayor about that....

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    So you get someone else's tickets in the mail, they get thrown away, and this poor bastards credit gets hit and he didn't even know it was coming. You should talk to the mayor about that as well. I would be upset if my credit was dinged and I didn't even have a chance to do anything about it.

shotgunjim

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 20, 2016
    Baton Rouge
    Well I guess I joined the baker radar club on baker blvd. Got my penalty letter in mail today with pic of rear end of my old truck. I had dropped off a pistol for Nick to work on. Damn you Colt... This kind of scheme fits Baker perfectly.

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    I'm glad Zachary removed their cameras several years ago, as it's convenient to shop there rather than waiting for the weekly trip to BR or McComb (I live an hour from either city and 1/2 hr from Zachary). I haven't spent one penny in Baker since they installed the cameras. I haven't got a ticket yet from either city, it's just the principle of the thing.

I did get a ticket for a missing plate when the plastic license plate hanger broke off on a trailer a number of years ago in Krotz Springs, even though I had the registration showing it had a plate. It cost me $75, but it cost Krotz Springs businesses a several thousand dollars as I took my oilfield crews to Livonia and Port Barre (also known speed traps, but I usually drive with the pack and haven't got a speed ticket in over 25 yrs) to purchase food, fuel and supplies when working in the area.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I routinely feed sports cars and other wannabe go fasts to the speed cam on Plank.

I'm a bad person because I laugh way too hard every time.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Last edited:

Gypsy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2016
    Baker, Louisiana
    Well, so far so good...they haven't shown up on my credit report and I haven't run into the mayor yet, but I'm sure it will happen. Baker isn't that big. I've decided to throw the identity theft card if they try to mess with my credit though, I'm known for fighting for a cause until they give in just to shut me up. Hehehe:mamoru:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I got one a couple of weeks ago on Plank. The supposed photo of my vehicle was just a black image, and it was supposedly taken at 1400 in broad daylight. They did have another photo of my plate, but there is no way that they can cross-reference the plate to the vehicle (or lack of) in the photo. I am ignoring it. I also saw two on Hwy 19 by the old Gibson's, one on each side of the highway.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Not sure how I never noticed this thread. You guys are a bunch of outlaw freedom fighters. You dangerous patriots refusing to comply with the law and then refusing to pay your penalty. Shame be upon you. Shame I say.

Anyone buy that.:rofl:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Selective Patriotism

Come on now, don't demenish their crimes against our benevolent governments. Surely no government agency ever posted a speed limit intentionally lower than necessary or shortened the yellow to insnare people how had to make a split second decision to get rear ended or blow the caution light. That's just crazy to think it's ok to flout the law. How dare some of these guys. Rebellion is a foot it must be stopped.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Come on now, don't demenish their crimes against our benevolent governments. Surely no government agency ever posted a speed limit intentionally lower than necessary or shortened the yellow to insnare people how had to make a split second decision to get rear ended or blow the caution light. That's just crazy to think it's ok to flout the law. How dare some of these guys. Rebellion is a foot it must be stopped.

Same ole silliness I see. Maybe if you didn't act paranoid all of the time people could take your post seriously when you have something important to convey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Same ole silliness I see. Maybe if you didn't act paranoid all of the time people could take your post seriously when you have something important to convey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those two post were intended to be silly it's called satire. Really dude you have to have dealt with at least one person in life who had a different opinion than you and you couldn't change their mind. Surely I'm not the first person you have met with a mind of their own.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom