small diesel pickups

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A5Mag12

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    La-Tx
    We had a small diesel in the first generation S-10 in the early '80's but no one would buy them. Before they shut us down we were working the tooling out to put a small diesel in the Colorado/Canyon, the H3 and H3T and the would have been out by now H4.

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    That Colorado looks goooooood. Although if Toyota would bring that tried and true Hilux Diesel engine over, I would definitely have to go with a proven concept.
    They don't get more proven than Duramax.

VW is working on a small diesel pickup also, btw...
    VW has the Amarok which is diesel, and is sold throughout the world...except the U.S.

fallingbird

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Metairie

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Whats wrong with an Isuzu Pup??????.(sarcasm intended)...........besides EVERYTHING?? How many of ya'll remember those smoking rustbuckets?? Those things were terrible and had the misfortune to work on a number of them.

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Anyone else have a Jeep Liberty CRD ? Mine is a 2005 model with the 2.8 diesel 4 cyl made by VM motori in cento,Italy. It gets 28 mpg and is rated to tow 5K

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    As has been said the EPA is why they can not put out MPG. Looks at what overseas ones do new ones.
    My 1995 2500 dodge ram 4x2 got 22 pulling a car on a trailer or with ceramic and mortar hwy and 20 city
    whopping 27-28 empty hwy

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Don't let your timing belt break. It does have break away rocker arms which should be less expensive than bent valves. It's been a few years since I did one but the rocker arms alone were over $1200.00 It hurts when they grenade.
    chehich should be
    Anyone else have a Jeep Liberty CRD ? Mine is a 2005 model with the 2.8 diesel 4 cyl made by VM motori in cento,Italy. It gets 28 mpg and is rated to tow 5K

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    Urea and Deionized water? Or is there a different answer?

It's made from propane. Basically synthetic urea and water.

OT: As a HD diesel tech, I wouldn't buy a new diesel to save my life. If you do, make damned sure to buy extended warranty and sell it before anything to do with the exhaust system falls out of warranty.

Danable

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Don't let your timing belt break. It does have break away rocker arms which should be less expensive than bent valves. It's been a few years since I did one but the rocker arms alone were over $1200.00 It hurts when they grenade.
    chehich should be

I did the timing belt service on it the second I bought it !

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    May as well get rid of the EGR system as well.

Just sad that you have to spend $1,000's on am already overpriced truck to get them to run right/reliably.

Oh and don't ever make the mistake of putting DEF into your diesel.

Yeah it's a shame.The modern engine (diesel or gasoline) is amazing. Gas motors spent the 80's through the early 2000's fighting the emissions idiocracy, and the entire industry is greater for it, but between the emmsions equipment on modern diesels and the massively more powerful gas engines of today a diesel for the average Joe is going the way of the Dodo bird. If the idiot polar bear humpers would shut up and go away diesels would be the ultimate option for most every vehicle.

Top Bottom