Belts for holsters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    I'm looking for a good sturdy belt that can hold my 1911. I'm tired of the cheap leather belts I keep buying that sag with the weight of a gun. Any recommendations? Thanks!

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Never tried the high dollar, heavy duty belts myself. There is a low cost option from Wally World. I believe it's George brand work belt, can't remember exactly. They are available in black and brown. I have 4 of various lengths. Very sturdy, and support my holsters well. They are of moderate cost 10-12 bucks. Check 'em out 'til you find something fancier.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    You may want to look at 5.11 brand leather belts. I have two. They run about 27,dollars. Inside the leather is a strip of kydex that really works well at holding up a holster. Especially a 1911. Does well with my Commander. Order online from LA Police Gear. They seem to run better prices.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Academy Sports has some really nice 1-1/2" Browning belts black and brown that I have bought and there not that expensive, I have one and I'm pleased with it.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I know how people feel about wearing 5.11 tacticool gear, but their belts are a must have man. I've got a tan 5.11 belt that I wear on the weekends and it looks awesome. Holds any holster/gun combo I own like it was made for it.

i mean it WAS made for it.

that being said, I've used cheapie wally world leather belts for iwb setups successfully as well, but no where NEAR the comfort of a belt designed for it.

alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    5.11 leather belt may be the way to go for me. does anyone know what size I need to order if I typically wear a size 33-34" waist?

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I know how people feel about wearing 5.11 tacticool gear, but their belts are a must have man. I've got a tan 5.11 belt that I wear on the weekends and it looks awesome. Holds any holster/gun combo I own like it was made for it.

i mean it WAS made for it.

that being said, I've used cheapie wally world leather belts for iwb setups successfully as well, but no where NEAR the comfort of a belt designed for it.

Their leather belts look like ordinary leather belts. That's why I like them.

I said 27 bucks. I bought mine a little whole back and remember it was marked down on LA Police gear. They are not expensive even at full retail.

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I just looked at LA Police gear website and they have no 5.11 leather belts at the moment. But they do have a good selection of quality leather gun belts.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/belts.html

Free shipping over 89.00 and an extra discount for today only with a special code shown on the website.

Pretty good deals on DeSantis and Galco belts.

alto8345

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2011
    Folsom, LA
    Well, I appreciate all the input.. I went ahead and ordered the 5.11 leather to see how it holds up. Can't beat the price. Thanks again everyone!

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    IMG_20140401_120159_zpsxabpqqfm.jpg

This is my black 5.11 leather belt. Very stiff. Sandwiched between the leather is kydex. This belt is about three years old. Worn a lot. I have another one from 2003, and it is still fine, but the kydex cracked where it buckles up at from the constant wear. Still works fine.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I have one of the Blackhawk CC belts and it is pretty decent for everyday use. It looks like a normal belt and after about a week of breaking the stiffness out, feels like one too :)

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007

I second the beltman. I have one of his 1.5" horse hide belts I use. I have had it now for about 4 years. It is wonderful, no give or any sign of losing strength.

I am not sure if he is still making them, but Ferrera does a good belt as well. I have one of his 1" leather belts and have been very pleased with it. It is not as stiff as the beltman, but it strong and a little cheaper.

Muddy45

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Covington
    Another + for thebeltman.net I have had their 1.75 belt for the last 4 years and it has held up great.

Top Bottom