Own Private Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    10153202_749809315053701_105829137_n.jpg

Just wondering how many here have there own private range setup. This is my pistol range 25' to 25yard with a shooting table at 25 yards. Comlete with hammock.

Last edited by a moderator:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I can't view the pic with tapatalk or through Internet connection.
    I wouldn't call it a range per say but i have a place out in the back to go shoot with several target arrays and an impromptu 3gun course can be set out with ease.
    I am eyeballing a piece of wooded property to clear a hundred yard shooting trail through but it's gotta dry up first.

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I built one this last winter. Calling it a range is maybe a bit much, but I had a good deal of dirt moved by a neighbor who is in the business. Berm is only about 7' high, which is not as much as hoped for. So far I have 5 8" plates on a pipe, a couple of 10"x10" pieces of plate, and one "thing" with a couple of 4" and 6" plates on it. All materials have been donated or scap stuff. The steel is fine for 9mm/.45, but I learned not to shoot it with .357 if you don't want a dent!

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    lol thanks guys. Its actually right outside my back door. This pic is obviously before i built up my shooting spot. But the location is the same

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Heres my 800yd range. In this pic, its only 600. I have to move further back to get 800.

I hate you with a burning fiery passion that you simply cannot fathom. In all seriousness though, that looks awesome man. What do you have setup as a backdrop?

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I hate you with a burning fiery passion that you simply cannot fathom. In all seriousness though, that looks awesome man. What do you have setup as a backdrop?

:rockon:

Miles and Miles and Miles of Kisatche forest and hills. I shoot all the time, if some of you would like to swing up to Forest Hill, we could have a day of shooting. Send me a PM. Im offshore for a few more weeks, so itll have to wait till I get back, but we could still plan.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I'm going to have to go with Austin on this one. Jealous just doesn't describe the emotion I feel when I look at your setup! Haha

My brother has some property surrounded by crawfish ponds that we occasionally shoot on. Mainly skeet and pistols.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom