Own Private Range

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    10153202_749809315053701_105829137_n.jpg

Just wondering how many here have there own private range setup. This is my pistol range 25' to 25yard with a shooting table at 25 yards. Comlete with hammock.

Last edited by a moderator:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I can't view the pic with tapatalk or through Internet connection.
    I wouldn't call it a range per say but i have a place out in the back to go shoot with several target arrays and an impromptu 3gun course can be set out with ease.
    I am eyeballing a piece of wooded property to clear a hundred yard shooting trail through but it's gotta dry up first.

Last edited:

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I built one this last winter. Calling it a range is maybe a bit much, but I had a good deal of dirt moved by a neighbor who is in the business. Berm is only about 7' high, which is not as much as hoped for. So far I have 5 8" plates on a pipe, a couple of 10"x10" pieces of plate, and one "thing" with a couple of 4" and 6" plates on it. All materials have been donated or scap stuff. The steel is fine for 9mm/.45, but I learned not to shoot it with .357 if you don't want a dent!

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    lol thanks guys. Its actually right outside my back door. This pic is obviously before i built up my shooting spot. But the location is the same

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Heres my 800yd range. In this pic, its only 600. I have to move further back to get 800.

I hate you with a burning fiery passion that you simply cannot fathom. In all seriousness though, that looks awesome man. What do you have setup as a backdrop?

madppcs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Forest Hill
    I hate you with a burning fiery passion that you simply cannot fathom. In all seriousness though, that looks awesome man. What do you have setup as a backdrop?

:rockon:

Miles and Miles and Miles of Kisatche forest and hills. I shoot all the time, if some of you would like to swing up to Forest Hill, we could have a day of shooting. Send me a PM. Im offshore for a few more weeks, so itll have to wait till I get back, but we could still plan.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    I'm going to have to go with Austin on this one. Jealous just doesn't describe the emotion I feel when I look at your setup! Haha

My brother has some property surrounded by crawfish ponds that we occasionally shoot on. Mainly skeet and pistols.

Top Bottom