Tallow Creek Shooting Range is Open!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2013
    Madisonville
    Stopped by tallow creek shooting range today when i passed by and noticed that the gates were open. It seemed that for a while there that it had closed down due to the neighboring subdivisions. but they are open.

Tuesday - Sunday 9am-5pm

It still isn't a nice range compared to others but there isn't any other ranges any where near the area.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    If you go, be sure you have hollow point/soft point ammo. No FMJ and they check it all. Good idea to call ahead too because they aren't always there.

rtr_rtr

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    New Orleans
    If you go, be sure you have hollow point/soft point ammo. No FMJ and they check it all. Good idea to call ahead too because they aren't always there.

I believe that's only for the rifle range unless they've changed their policy. I agree with others though. The drive to honey island if its open is so worth it

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2013
    Madisonville
    The place definitely isn't great, but at the end of the day all you need is 100 yards and a dirt hill to catch lead. Plus it's cheap

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    MAndeville, LA
    I agree the place is a dump. I went there 2 or 3 weeks ago. Shot about 300 rounds of 9mm fmj. No one said a thing about ammo. Road getting to shooting area is really bad take a truck especially after a rain. the only good thing it is close if you live in St Tammany and want to pop off a few rounds.

franch1se82

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Belle Chasse
    the sporting clay section is decent but really really well priced. a group of my buddies went shooting a couple months ago.
    while it's a haul from the NOLA area, it's worth it if we carpool and have a large group. it's $25 per 50 clays and $37 per 100 ... not a bad deal.

still a nicer place to shoot sporting clays is Hi Point. their a bit pricey, but the stages are nicer and the range is much better kept.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette

If that's true it's the most stupid range rule I've ever heard of. Never even seen an indoor range ban FMJs.

bamashot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2014
    Metairie, LA
    called them today. FMJ is not allowed through rifles but is through pistols. I dont understand it either...

mercurysys

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Slidell, LA
    because those that don't understand guns that make the laws think that FMJ from a rifle will penetrate to the center of the earth and/or cause a nuclear explosion?

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    because those that don't understand guns that make the laws think that FMJ from a rifle will penetrate to the center of the earth and/or cause a nuclear explosion?

bq7w302x67c0jvhf3gpl.jpg

brooksmd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2013
    Bush, LA
    the sporting clay section is decent but really really well priced. a group of my buddies went shooting a couple months ago.
    while it's a haul from the NOLA area, it's worth it if we carpool and have a large group. it's $25 per 50 clays and $37 per 100 ... not a bad deal.

still a nicer place to shoot sporting clays is Hi Point. their a bit pricey, but the stages are nicer and the range is much better kept.

Have you tried Honey Island for clays? Range admission is $6/day; $3/box of shells; and 3 shooting positions with remote control incoming and outgoing machines. Don't need a truck to get in there. Oh, you need some sort of hunting/fishing license or WMA stamp to keep Dept of Wildlife happy.

300BLK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Mandeville, LA
    For pistol and rifle I'd rather drive another 30 minutes to HI than go to Tallow Creek. Lax safety, $11/hour, no rapid fire, no FMJ rifle cartridges, no steel plates, no personal steel targets allowed, and the place is a little dumpy. May be OK for skeet (not sure b/c I don't shoot skeet) but make the drive to HI for pistol and rifle. You won't regret it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom