Concealed carry in purse for wife

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I think his point mirrored my initial one: if the choices are the purse or an unarmed lady, the purse wins by default.

So, to develop this point: how DO women carry during summertime?? I mean guns and dresses only mix in bond movies

paging red?

Hah.

Well, you see what happens is, . . . . .

I'm a fan of shorts unless I'm going out. AKA going out means going to a bar or place that serves alcohol. AKA where no firearms are allowed. I don't go out solo so I just have one of my guy friends meet me at my car or I'll drive a bunch of my girl friends out.

Especially since my work schedule has changed, and I can't carry at work anymore. I still carry at the grocery store, the mall, walk the dog, whatever. I even carry on my hip in workout clothes and running tights. If I'm wearing a dress, I go with the thigh holster (JK). If I'm wearing a sundress I'll purse carry. I know it's not ideal but I don't wear sundresses as often as your typical sorority chick sooooo yeah.

Shorts are my BFF during the summer.

Off-body carry is far from ideal, but the best gun is the gun you have with you.

I agree with this ^^^. I'd rather have it with me, one way or another, rather than not at all.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Hah.

Well, you see what happens is, . . . . .

I'm a fan of shorts unless I'm going out. AKA going out means going to a bar or place that serves alcohol. AKA where no firearms are allowed. I don't go out solo so I just have one of my guy friends meet me at my car or I'll drive a bunch of my girl friends out.

Especially since my work schedule has changed, and I can't carry at work anymore. I still carry at the grocery store, the mall, walk the dog, whatever. I even carry on my hip in workout clothes and running tights. If I'm wearing a dress, I go with the thigh holster (JK). If I'm wearing a sundress I'll purse carry. I know it's not ideal but I don't wear sundresses as often as your typical sorority chick sooooo yeah.

Shorts are my BFF during the summer.

I agree with this ^^^. I'd rather have it with me, one way or another, rather than not at all.

Appreciate the info

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Piano wire reinforced purse straps...
    That's fine if they try to cut the strap. Does that happen often?

What if they grab the purse and try to run. I've known too many women that this has happened to. Some of them have won the tug of war, some loose. If they loose, then the gun is gone.

Just a thought... what if you picked up a cheap revolver ( or maybe even a derringer in .22 mag) and left it in the purse to handle that rare case where the purse gun is the last resort. It could be a taurus even! It only has to fire once (which is all a purse gun is really good for before something gets jammed in the cylinder). Make this a backup gun to when the EDC gun is inaccessible.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    Ladies Only Handgun Fundamentals & CHP. May 25, 2014.

Get you carry permit and a full day's worth of training. Get your girlfriends and your sisters together and sign up as a group of 3 or more and receive a $25 discount per person. Visit their website www.advantagegrouptraining.com or contact: clare.reding@unitytactical.com for more info.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    That's fine if they try to cut the strap. Does that happen often?

What if they grab the purse and try to run. I've known too many women that this has happened to. Some of them have won the tug of war, some loose. If they loose, then the gun is gone.

Just a thought... what if you picked up a cheap revolver ( or maybe even a derringer in .22 mag) and left it in the purse to handle that rare case where the purse gun is the last resort. It could be a taurus even! It only has to fire once (which is all a purse gun is really good for before something gets jammed in the cylinder). Make this a backup gun to when the EDC gun is inaccessible.

Well, they can carry the purse a bit more securely, but no, not much a person can do if they sneak up behind you, grab the purse and try to take off. I have no stats on how often purse straps get cut.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I have never worked a purse snatching where the strap was cut. I have worked a bunch where the purse holder took a punch to the mouth and had her purse taken.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom