What your favorite online site to order bulk ammo ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Looking for a few good online sources to buy bulk factory ammo or bulk reloads ?
    I see plenty of sites but not sure wich ones are garbage as far as service and product ?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Whoever has the cheapest

Yesterday someone shot 200 rounds of the cheapest ammunition he could find and 20 rounds did not fire. He shot 200 rounds of another brand and all 200 fired from the same pistol.
    The cheap ammunition enabled him to practice more Tap/Rack/Ready. This was new ammunition purchased in the last week.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Thanks just trying to weed out online sites that have crappy service, most of the time I get my ammo from Academy Sorts when they have it in stock ?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Thanks just trying to weed out online sites that have crappy service, most of the time I get my ammo from Academy Sorts when they have it in stock ?

As stated above SG Ammo. is a good source with good service. The bad ammunition used yesterday was Monarch from Academy.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Monarch, wow I have like several boxes of that in 40 that I have not shot yet. Now I'm looking to stock up on 45 for my new P227 Carry, the part that sucks is I had a bunch of 45 but no gun so I ended up selling it all pretty cheap CRAP.

Oh ya forgot I had shot a lot of the Monarch 223 in my Sig M400 with out any problems thats why I bought a lot in 40 caliber.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Monarch, wow I have like several boxes of that in 40 that I have not shot yet. Now I'm looking to stock up on 45 for my new P227 Carry, the part that sucks is I had a bunch of 45 but no gun so I ended up selling it all pretty cheap CRAP.

Oh ya forgot I had shot a lot of the Monarch 223 in my Sig M400 with out any problems thats why I bought a lot in 40 caliber.

I try to stay with handgun ammunition made by Federal, Speer, Winchester. No reloads and no steel cased ammunition. The gun owner also bought the Monarch pistol ammunition because that brand works in his AR rifles. It was a learning experience for him and he will now buy better pistol ammunition.
    It may happen today but I have gone about 7 years without any pistol or ammunition issue with any of my pistols. Preventative maintenance and quality ammunition makes a difference.

KvichakKing

Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Walker, LA
    I've had fantastic luck with Freedom Munitions. I buy mostly the remanufactured ammunition and after at least 12K rounds in the last year the wife and I have had no issues. I ordered 3K worth of 9mm during the latest free shipping offer which after buying the wife a tricked out CZ75 PCR from Cajun Gunworks won't last long; load magazines and watch her shoot.

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    +1 on Freedom Munitions re-manufactured ammo. Goes bang every time and usually has the best price around. Only one time I had an issue with them, they sent me 500 rounds of new 62gr 5.56 when I ordered 500 rounds of re-manufactured 115gr 9mm. They said they would e-mail me a shipping label to send it back and they would send me the 9mm. I ask if I could just pay for the 5.56 and they ship me the 9mm I ordered. Without hesitation they said yes and only charged me for the ammo and not shipping. The 9mm showed up at my house a week latter. This was at the height of the ammo famine.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown

Academy here in Covington has a steady supply of the WWB .45, 100/$49.99. There's usually at least one box on the shelf when I go there, which has been about once a week for the last few months. The Wal-Mart in Covington also has it from time to time a little cheaper, $47.99/100 if I remember correctly. Those are about the best prices I've seen in store.

I just checked Cabela's site and they have the WWB for $47.99 and the UMS mega pack (250 rounds) for $109.99. You have to figure in shipping though. If you can get the Cabela's Visa card, they have been offering $5 flat rate shipping. Or you can have it shipped to the store for free if you have a reason to go to Gonzales.

But to answer your original question, I've ordered from SG Ammo a couple of times. Always easy and received my order within a week via ground shipping. Freedom munitions is good to go too. There reloads look better than some of my factory ammo.

Last edited:

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    I always check out gun-deals.com. Put the type of ammo you are looking for and most of the time the site that has it the cheapest will pop up and give you the price per round

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    Another good place for quality reloads is freedom munitions.com. often they have great sales and/or free shipping. They give 3% discount to military and LE. They also have a brass exchange discount. Good company.

I use SGammo as well.. Mainly for their excellent prices on bulk premium self defense ammo (golden sabers, etc).

Also, underwoodammo.com. premium self defense ammo . super quality self defense ammo at very good prices.. Most in 50rd boxes.

I'm not partial to any one place in particular. I check gunbot.net and other price check web sites before ordering.

Try to get on the mail lists for these places. They often have free shipping deals and email flyers to customers. That's the best time to buy... Free shipping from a discounted online seller usually trumps the other sellers.. Usually. ;)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom