LEO shoots his leg defending himself against Precious.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    He must have watched that Russian SF training video too. Crazy bastard. ......Shooting at the attackers legs to disburse them is only reserved for the baddest of the bad. :mamoru:

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    I bet you he was carrying a gun with a Glock style trigger....not something like a sig with a long double action trigger pull.

I'm not totally condemning Glocks. They are great guns. Yet...they do take a lot of practice IMO. Especially in tense situations such as what happened to this cop. Maybe I'm wrong...but it sure seems to me that we see a lot more of these sorts of accidental shootings where cops accidentally shoot themselves while unholstering their weapon in time of need.
    Like I said...just my opinion. I tried to carry a Glock when they first came out. The trigger design scared hell out of me.... as I could envision this happening to me. I'll stick to a Sig or S&W.

No safety....Just a longer double action pull.

And yes...I know that if I ever need to use it...My first shot will not be as accurate as a GLOCK. But...I also am pretty sure I won't shoot myself.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I have yet to see a Glock or M&P go off without someone pressing the trigger. Counting on a Long DA Pull as a safety is the same as saying I'm to incompetent to keep my finger off the trigger until I'm ready to engage a target and I'm ok with that.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    I completely understand the need for officers to protect themselves against certain dogs, but I do question the need to shoot this one. if you accidentally shoot yourself instead of the dog, I would think an aggressive dog would be all over you as you lay bleeding on the ground. I was EMS for a few years, and most dogs tend to come up barking and acting tough when you are unknown and unwanted on their turf. For me, usually a stern shout and dominate posturing was enough to make the dog step back. They will continue to bark and act tough, but at that point, the game is over. And yes, I have seen those dogs that mean business. They usually bark less and they don't step back.

I do secretly wish there was a video of this, and the dog came up after the shot and started licking the wound.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Y'all are missing the point. It was a pitbull. It obviously took his gun from him, shot him in the leg, ate his first born child then raped his wife. It's a conspiracy in the media!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I bet you he was carrying a gun with a Glock style trigger....not something like a sig with a long double action trigger pull.

I'm not totally condemning Glocks. They are great guns. Yet...they do take a lot of practice IMO. Especially in tense situations such as what happened to this cop. Maybe I'm wrong...but it sure seems to me that we see a lot more of these sorts of accidental shootings where cops accidentally shoot themselves while unholstering their weapon in time of need.
    Like I said...just my opinion. I tried to carry a Glock when they first came out. The trigger design scared hell out of me.... as I could envision this happening to me. I'll stick to a Sig or S&W.

No safety....Just a longer double action pull.

And yes...I know that if I ever need to use it...My first shot will not be as accurate as a GLOCK. But...I also am pretty sure I won't shoot myself.

I haven't seen a lot of "accidental shootings". I would bet the number of NDs vs the number of LEOs carrying Glocks is miniscule.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

TEB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2013
    Louisiana
    I completely understand the need for officers to protect themselves against certain dogs, but I do question the need to shoot this one. if you accidentally shoot yourself instead of the dog, I would think an aggressive dog would be all over you as you lay bleeding on the ground. I was EMS for a few years, and most dogs tend to come up barking and acting tough when you are unknown and unwanted on their turf. For me, usually a stern shout and dominate posturing was enough to make the dog step back. They will continue to bark and act tough, but at that point, the game is over. And yes, I have seen those dogs that mean business. They usually bark less and they don't step back.

I do secretly wish there was a video of this, and the dog came up after the shot and started licking the wound.

I'd think the most likely scenario is he was drawing his gun "just in case," but did so carelessly and wound up pulling the trigger while unholstering.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I'd think the most likely scenario is he was drawing his gun "just in case," but did so carelessly and wound up pulling the trigger while unholstering.

That's what I was thinking as well. I'd be hard pressed not to draw if a dog surprised me in this way. I'd be pretty rattled too as I did it.

tim9lives

Tim9
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    New Orleans
    That's what I was thinking as well. I'd be hard pressed not to draw if a dog surprised me in this way. I'd be pretty rattled too as I did it.

I absolutely agree. He was most probably rattled.

And I guess I am one who also has a bad practice of having my finger ON the trigger if and when I ever draw my gun.

Because...the only reason I drew the gun was to contemplate pulling the trigger. So yes...My finger will be resting on the trigger whenever my gun is drawn for self defense.

I guess the key is to make sure the finger is off the trigger when unholstering. In any case....Like I said...I just prefer the other style. To each their own. The only reason I even mentioned it is because I consider myself to be somewhat of a decent shot and somewhat experienced with carrying firearms.

I carried every day between 1981-1997 when I had my business. I'm just a Sig Guy( or P-7).

I tried the Glock. Loved the reliability and ease of multiple hit capacity. And was very accurate with the Glock.

But for me....I was too nervous with possibility of quickly going for my weapon in self defense and then possibly shooting myself. So I sold my Glock exactly for that reason. I can't help but commenting whenever I read about someone shooting themselves when drawing their gun. I can hardly contemplate shooting myself with a sig. Cant say the same for a Glock.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    And I guess I am one who also has a bad practice of having my finger ON the trigger if and when I ever draw my gun.

You need a software upgrade. Take it from someone who had the same problem you do. It took a very long time for me to "untrain" that habit, having walked around for years in my youth "monkey fingering" the triggers on my bb/pellet guns. It is also the reason I shied away from glocks and told people "I'm just a Beretta guy". Even after retraining the muscle memory of my trigger finger, I still own Berettas, but this will eventually change as I am getting closer and closer to making the transition to those ugly soulless glocks.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I absolutely agree. He was most probably rattled.

Because...the only reason I drew the gun was to contemplate pulling the trigger. So yes...My finger will be resting on the trigger whenever my gun is drawn for self defense.

I guess the key is to make sure the finger is off the trigger when unholstering. In any case....Like I said...I just prefer the other style. To each their own. The only reason I even mentioned it is because I consider myself to be somewhat of a decent shot and somewhat experienced with carrying firearms.

I carried every day between 1981-1997 when I had my business. I'm just a Sig Guy( or P-7).

I tried the Glock. Loved the reliability and ease of multiple hit capacity. And was very accurate with the Glock.

But for me....I was too nervous with possibility of quickly going for my weapon in self defense and then possibly shooting myself. So I sold my Glock exactly for that reason. I can't help but commenting whenever I read about someone shooting themselves when drawing their gun. I can hardly contemplate shooting myself with a sig. Cant say the same for a Glock.

So you have exempted yourself from the fundamental rules of firearms safety? Why would you have your finger on the trigger just because? While contemplating? Seems like your resigning yourself to not being able to be safe and competent.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So you have exempted yourself from the fundamental rules of firearms safety? Why would you have your finger on the trigger just because? While contemplating? Seems like your resigning yourself to not being able to be safe and competent.

Justifying reckless operation of of any tool because you have some safety device in place to back you up will lead to failure.

You two and your logic...what shall we do with you!?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You two and your logic...what shall we do with you!?

8903c.jpg

Top Bottom