Everyday carry bag recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I was looking to replace my small pull string bag that I carry around everywhere. It's been getting frustrating digging around in it for something when I need it. I don't need a large bag just something practical to carry into a store/work/car etc. I generally carry a couple tools, wallet, book and my phone around with me wherever I go. Since I wear scrubs most of the time I'm limited to pocket space that's why I'm looking for a bag.

So far I've been looking at 5.11 bags like the rush 12 or moab 10 something not too bulky. I was wanting to know if ya'll might have some other packs/brands I should look into.

Rush 12
    http://www.511tactical.com/rush-12-backpack.html?color=283

Moab 10
    http://static.511tactical.com/mag/m...d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/6/56964_328_Alternate1.jpg

It doesn't have to be tactical like some of the 5.11 line-up but I would like a quality bag.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    The rush bags are fantastic. I use the rush 12 and the messenger bag (for the truck/office respectively).

both are highly recommended, superb quality.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Can't beat the 5.11 products. I don't carry very much on a daily basis, so my pockets get the job done. But I do have a bag that goes with me everywhere, although never as pictured here. Sidearm stays in the mid compartment.
    apu6uma6.jpg

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    dang those vertx bags are expensive. I could have all three of my 5.11 bags for the price of one of those things.

but i won't lie, i DO want to see one now lol

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I think the 5.11 MOAB 10 or COVRT Zap 6 would fit the bill. The Rush 12 is a nice bag but way bigger than what you need.

Maxpedition also makes a ton of sling bags that would work well. As mentioned above, the Vertx stuff is really nice from what I've seen as well if you want to step up your game.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Are you planning on carrying the bag around everywhere or will it be more of a car bag? If you plan on carrying it wherever you go, a nice 'college-esque' backpack might be a more comfortable and better option. What all do you plan on keeping in said bag?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Are you planning on carrying the bag around everywhere or will it be more of a car bag? If you plan on carrying it wherever you go, a nice 'college-esque' backpack might be a more comfortable and better option. What all do you plan on keeping in said bag?

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

"I don't need a large bag just something practical to carry into a store/work/car etc. I generally carry a couple tools, wallet, book and my phone around with me wherever I go." :p

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    "I don't need a large bag just something practical to carry into a store/work/car etc. I generally carry a couple tools, wallet, book and my phone around with me wherever I go." :p

Well. That's what I get for skimming and replying mid-accounting class! With that in mind I think a small backpack would be a good idea. I really like camelbak backpacks. They are small, well built, have decent storage space and multiple pockets, and having a bladder of water is always super great! Def a great bang for the buck!

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Victorinox makes some cool gear if you don't particularly want to get something that screams "tactical bag". The couple I have are very well made.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I think the 5.11 MOAB 10 or COVRT Zap 6 would fit the bill. The Rush 12 is a nice bag but way bigger than what you need.

Maxpedition also makes a ton of sling bags that would work well. As mentioned above, the Vertx stuff is really nice from what I've seen as well if you want to step up your game.

I've been leaning towards the moab 10 it's seems to fit the bill pretty well the reviews I've been reading have had me looking at other options people were having problems with how it rides more of the neck than the shoulder.

It does need to be comfortable since I will be using it everyday.

drpc

Across the State Line
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Picayune, MS
    I found a small shoulder bag at an Army Surplus store in Slidell. I'd have liked black but it only came in digital khaki camo. I use it to carry lunch and a back up drive to and from work. Zipper compartment on the outside on back holds my Ruger LCP but it could hold a Subcompact Glock. Two Velcro pockets on front holds wallet & knife in one, iPhone in the other. 2 smaller pockets hold LCP magazine and a small flashlight. Two side compartment can hold water a pair of water bottles. Inside is divided into 3 compartments One's large enough for manilla folders the other two could hold large pistol. I paid around 15-20 bucks for it. They had a bunch of different sizes.

seawolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    North Baton Rouge
    Check out the sling bags Hazard4 has. If you think those are too expensive then look at the ones on Countycomm. Those have less features but are way cheaper. I use those for ammo and magazine carry to the range and the Hazard4 is usually slung over the back when I'm on the motorcycle. They are smaller than a backpack but carry more than the moab from 5.11.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    Check out the sling bags Hazard4 has. If you think those are too expensive then look at the ones on Countycomm. Those have less features but are way cheaper. I use those for ammo and magazine carry to the range and the Hazard4 is usually slung over the back when I'm on the motorcycle. They are smaller than a backpack but carry more than the moab from 5.11.

Thanks the recommendation I like the plan b sling pack they have just wish it had a little better design layout inside the bag it does look really comfortable though I'll be keeping it in mind.

Wish they had a place around me that carries quality sling packs that I could test fit.

Texican

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2013
    Tx
    Most of my bags are typically vehicle car bags for the most part.

I tried one of those single strap moabs and did not like it at all. For me, I found if it had any weight in it to speak of, it just would not ride in a stable or comfortable manner. Overall, the bag was stiff and just not impressive. Now, it might be alright for a quick grab and go, where carrying is limited. As far as quality, la police gear stuff in general is about as good for a fraction of the cost.

Now, if you want good and a more run of the mill look, try something from Osprey or one of the other good back packing outfits. 511 should take a page from them, on a few things.

Just my take on it, of course everything depends on your particular use.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom