IDPA Match on 4/26

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    Our first match went well and we did not shoot each other, which is a good thing. Our next match is on Saturday, 4/26, at Southern Shooting Center. Sign up begins at 10:00, shooter safety briefing is at 10:30 and hammer down is at 11:00 (or as soon as the safety briefing is over). You can go to www.slidpa.org for stage descriptions and round counts. They should be posted later this evening. The stages and round count will also be posted on our facebook page South Louisiana IDPA. This is going to happen at the same time as the Glock match. Hope to see some new faces this weekend.

bipolarbear

SevenGun
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    NOLA
    Good job on the stages, they look like a lot of fun. I cant wait to hear the back story for "Bad Date". You are on a date that goes horribly wrong. There are 10 people in the room,.. shoot 8 of them.

alpharic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jun 5, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    You are aware that Glock GSSF is having a huge glock match Saturday and Sunday this weekend at Southern Shooting Center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    You are aware that Glock GSSF is having a huge glock match Saturday and Sunday this weekend at Southern Shooting Center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Having worked the GSSF match numerous times in the past, that match only uses part of the facility to run it's three stages.

There should be no scheduling conflict, just easy co-existence, with the opportunity for Glock jockeys to shoot two matches in the same place.

The GSSF match is sign up for each stage at your own pace so competitors can shoot anytime they want over the two days.

Last edited:

Ump65

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Port Allen, LA
    When we had our first match last month, we talked with Gary about the Glock match and he gave us his blessing to have it on the same date. Southern Shooting Center is roping off 3 bays for us to set up our stages. Depending on timing, and the call of the after match bourbon, I may shoot the Glock match. All of the advertising and talking to people I have done has supported both competitions and have invited people to shoot both if they have the time. I believe what will make it work is the Glock match is come and go as you want, which will help eleminate overcrouding at one time. It's going to be a good day tater.

BayouSlide

See ya at the range
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    On the Bayou Teche, La.
    Been away from pistol competition for the last couple of years to pursue flying orange discs and feathered beasties…but the Glock match works very differently from the sort of "hammer down at xxx o'clock" that gets all competitors to the event at one time. It more like a "drop by whenever" party so the total number of competitors are spread out sometimes rather sparsely throughout the two day period. That's why it's easy for someone to drop by the GSSF match mid afternoon, say, sign up for there stages, and be finished up in an hour and a half or so, depending on the wait on the sign up list.

Truly, should not create any sort of problem because the GSSF crowd is rather spread out.

One advantage for Glock shooters is often a Glock armorer is on hand to check out and make minor repairs on pistols.

But I'd advise checking the rules very carefully to see where your pistol will fit in the categories….hardly any changes are allowed for the "stock" category.

0_down

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    umm - at my computer
    visit slidpa.org for equipment requirements and come on! new shooters are welcome, be there by 10:00 for new shooter's safety briefing & you'll have a ball, safely -

JP

Top Bottom