Sherburne Skeet?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • northcuttnm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    Going to head to Sherburne next week during the weekday to hopefully skip the crowd. Was wondering what you all would suggest I bring to the skeet range beside clays. Never been there and would like the inside scoop.
    Thanks!

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    You are asked to pick up your hulls when you leave, if you don't want to bend over to pick each one up, bring a leaf rake. I also bring along a 9v battery in case the wireless remote starts acting up. There's a nice covered area with benches at the electric skeet range, but there is no potable water so bring a cooler with drinks.

cjacobs

SouthernLife
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I suggest calling to make sure that range is open and that the machines are working. The last few times I've gone, that range was closed and only the manual range was open. And it wasn't on a Sunday.

northcuttnm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 7, 2014
    Baton Rouge
    I made the drive twice last week with my friend from out of town. We both had a blast. Bring a hand thrower or your own (we did both) because the ones there are no bueno. Also do not forget clays. Because it is free and there is plenty of space I can not complain at all. Lots of fun, if you go during the week nobody is there! Don't forget to sign in and out with the slips while you are there.

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    The skeet ranges are still open, but keep in mind the rifle and pistol ranges are closed until the end of June.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom