Sherburne Update Today

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Went out this am to see if I was any good at busting a few clays, I continue to sux ! and a Remington 870 Turkey shotgun is NOT a skeet gun!

Back to the pistol and rifle range, Both have new roofs and new steel beam's ! Guess the old roofs leaked too much rain water due to exsessive bullet holes ?

Looks like new stations will be installed on the pistol range, Rifle range still has the cinder block stations

Sadly the berms have not moved one inch !

That is all.

Attachments

• sherburne 002 (800x600).jpg
      sherburne 002 (800x600).jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 190
    • sherburne 003 (800x600).jpg
      sherburne 003 (800x600).jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 183

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Was there any signs that indicated when it would be reopened?

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Thinking about checking it out to bust some clays someday. Do you still need a hunting or fishing license to use the facilities?

jguilletjr

Saw Bones
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Lafayette, La
    Went out this am to see if I was any good at busting a few clays, I continue to sux ! and a Remington 870 Turkey shotgun is NOT a skeet gun!

Back to the pistol and rifle range, Both have new roofs and new steel beam's ! Guess the old roofs leaked too much rain water due to exsessive bullet holes ?

Looks like new stations will be installed on the pistol range, Rifle range still has the cinder block stations

Sadly the berms have not moved one inch !

That is all.

I always wondered about the bullet holes in the roof. Kinda scares me. Either careless, or ass holes and I don't like to shoot around either. However I have never encountered either one there.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The wooden structures and bench rest's went under water and stayed under for several days, Everything now is metal and brick.
    They may put wooden bench rest's back at the pistol range, They were not that far along last time I was there.

What are they doing that requires closing? THANKS

- - - Updated - - -

Yes you do !

Thinking about checking it out to bust some clays someday. Do you still need a hunting or fishing license to use the facilities?

4thMiss

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2014
    Port Allen, La.
    If you've ever been during hunting season when the campground is loaded with hunters you would know where the bullet holes in the roof come from. I went ONCE, never again. I limit my trips to weekdays after deer season is over!

Top Bottom