1911 project

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I picked up my frame and slide today. I ordered a officer frame and a Commander slide from Ron at Remsport Mfg in Ludlow MA. Very very nice parts. He had his guys fit the slide and frame a little bit more than i wanted, but it is very nice work. I just need to get the rest of my parts and fit her together.

And i decided to make my own slide lapping tool as well. this cost me less than 10 bucks compared to the 40 midway wants for the marvel tool.

I have another and i might put a T handle on that one to see what i like better

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    Very cool project. My dream is to do the Vickers class where you build one with his instruction. You do everything including your own checking.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    well i was chomping at the bit to do something on the front strap. thought about hand checkering it, but everyone has checkering. i came across this and liked the idea.

4890297_orig.jpg

Ended up doing something similar

Last edited:

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Yeah one of mine is a RemSport, I've dealt with them before so have some idea. Also had great luck with Fusion parts as well.

I put a Kart ez fit in one and found it to be stupid accurate. Used Storm Lake for the other one, as it was one of the only gunsmith fit barrels I could find at the time. Cutting the lugs can be kind of tricky but I like the way it turned out as well. be curious as to how the remsport turn out for you.

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Well I decided to add some texture to the front strap. I file stippled the recesses and punch stippled in between recesses. All was done with a 2oz soft face hammer.

I will bead blast the front strap and possibly the entire gun. Stainless is too shiny for my taste

audioshooter

On Target. Send It.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Havent updated in a while. I have finished it and test fired a few weeks ago. It funstioned flawlessly. I got a chance to go back to the range yesterday, and i had a minor issue. After firing 4 mags i noticed the ejector had broken off. Even with a broken ejector it still ran. Thankfully i had a spare to replace it with. I just finished fitting my new ejector. Hopefully this one wont break. The funny thing about the one that broke is that it was either a wilson bulletproof or Ed brown hardcore. I had no contact between the loaded magazine and the ejector either. Time to go digging through my parts bags to try and find the product slip that came in the bag.

Top Bottom