Louisiana Resident Lifetime Hunting Fishing License Combo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    The Wife and I have both been looking forward to getting our Louisiana Lifetime Hunting / Fishing Licenses for a long time now.
    It wasn't so much to save money as it was to just not have the hassle of getting the licenses each year.
    Well we finally decided this was the year, and got together all the necessary documentation, and mailed it all in along with a check for 500.00 each.
    We were fully expecting a 3-4 week wait, and to our surprise 8 days later the envelops arrived with both licenses.
    After opening them up and reading the nice letter each was attached to thanking us for our lifetime commitment to Louisiana Wildlife Conservation, and looking the license card over I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.
    The license card looks like it was designed by an 1994 elementary school student doing a last minute homework assignment on Word Perfect 4.0.
    I mean Really???
    For 500 Bucks could they at least have put a LDWF Logo on the thing?
    No Magnetic Card Swipe, No Bar Code, No Picture, Nothing whatsoever to even keep some enterprising kid from printing one out on his home computer and some plastic card stock.
    I googled some other States Lifetime Licenses and was appalled at how archaic the look of Louisiana Lifetime License is.
    Heck even the Hunter Safety Card, which the Wife has, looked highly advanced in comparison to this thing.
    I was wondering if anyone else thought the same about this, or if any members that might work for LDWF had any idea why the license was so primitive looking?

Louisiana Lifetime Hunting Fishing Combo License.jpg

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    I was thinking the exact same thing!
    I was looking to get my license this year as well so I spoke with a friend of mines who already got his card, and YEP, plain jane looking card...

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    that's a bit disappointing. not even a magnetic strip on the back?? that's low tech/no tech.
    is there at least some great motto or words of inspiration on the back to make use of the space?

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    Not Really..
    I will include a shot of the back asap.
    The pic I posted was one I found on Google Image Search, and not obviously my own, but it looks identical except for the Issue Date.
    Ive seen pics of Texas, Florida, Arkansas and they all look like what you would think would be the norm...

Buck8Point

Geaux Tigers
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Plaquemine, LA
    Since you can have it added to your driver's license, I guess they figured no need to update it. Most aren't likely to carry it anyway.

I never saw anything about that in any of the forms we filled out, but that sounds plausible.
    So does this show up on your La Drivers License as an add on?
    From what I read you must show the actual license if asked, and not your Drivers license. They also have a 7.50 replacement fee if lost..

YoungMarine

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    W. Feliciana
    It's a hunting/fishing license. Just like my outdated camo, it works so I don't see why it needs to look cool. I'm lucky if I only have to take it out once a year when I get deer and turkey tags printed. The clerk will type in your license number (magnetic strip is just something else to wear out or become demagnetized). Keep it simple.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    You must also carry a govt issued picture ID along with your lifetime card. Please tell me more about adding it to your license as I have to renew this year.

On a side note, I purchased one of these for my son before the age of 14 and it was only $300. Well he turned 16 and wanted to go fishing with some friends and I could not locate his card. Called Baton Rouge and the lady faxed a temp license that was good for 30 days until I could get the replacement. Along with the $7.50 fee you will have to have a notarized form also.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I have Lifetime Hunt/Fish through the VA/State Program,
    but my son has been guaranteed his Lifetime License by his Uncle
    and my two daughters by a grand-paw from each side of the family.

I had planned to buy all of my kids actually
    but be their relatives thought it'd be a good life long gift from them instead.

Soooo, not sweat off my back :D

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    I never saw anything about that in any of the forms we filled out, but that sounds plausible.
    So does this show up on your La Drivers License as an add on?
    From what I read you must show the actual license if asked, and not your Drivers license. They also have a 7.50 replacement fee if lost..

Yes, it shows as an add on.

You must also carry a govt issued picture ID along with your lifetime card. Please tell me more about adding it to your license as I have to renew this year.

On a side note, I purchased one of these for my son before the age of 14 and it was only $300. Well he turned 16 and wanted to go fishing with some friends and I could not locate his card. Called Baton Rouge and the lady faxed a temp license that was good for 30 days until I could get the replacement. Along with the $7.50 fee you will have to have a notarized form also.

When you renew your drivers license, they are supposed ask if you would like the lifetime hunting and/or fishing license endorsement to your drivers license. I'm not sure if there any additional forms you have I provide, but I do know that you have to have your lifetime license with you to do it.

This went into effect Aug 1, 2013. You can also add hunter ed and boater safety endorsements.

Last edited:

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    Mine issued in April 2000 pretty much looks the same, just more faded. I'm honestly impressed it's held up this well. I'll have to try and remember to have the endorsement added when I renew my driver's license in a couple years. Does that mean you no longer need the extra card though?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I sort of wish they wouldn't have my SS number on it but back in 96/97 that wasn't as big a deal as it is now apparently.

Mine doesn't have my SS# on it anywhere. :dunno:

Yours truly was instrumental in getting the state to take that off of all public/state documentation. It's a long (true), story.

My Lifetime License has my SS# ;) ; my driver's license USED to! :ninja:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom