Any feedback on VZ2008 rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    As the title says, I am looking for feedback from those w knowledge or experience with the VZ2008 rifle. Performance, reliable, etc. I've seen them at fair prices lately, and my understanding is they are non AK 47 rifles.

Thanks.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I've handled them and liked them. They have some good overviews on youtube that can walk you through the difference between it and an AK. They have been mighty tempting at the $400 price point. Almost breaking me down and getting me out of my caliber minimalism I've been so good at the last few years.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Are magazines hard to locate/pricey? From what I have read they do NOT take standard AK47 magazines. If this is not true please let me know. Thanks to all serious replies.

Ares

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 31, 2013
    Scott
    Great rifles a friend of mine has one. He said the mags are a little hard to find. He has had luck at a couple of gun shows.
    Ares

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Are magazines hard to locate/pricey? From what I have read they do NOT take standard AK47 magazines. If this is not true please let me know. Thanks to all serious replies.

They do not accept AK mags, but I don't think the VZ mags are especially difficult to find.

http://www.jgsales.com/czech-vz-2008-7.62x39-30rd-magazine,-aluminum,-used.-p-4453.html

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.a...z.58+(VZ2008)+30rd+7.62x39+Mags&search=vz2008

I've handled one of the rifles and it appeared very solid. Seems like it would be fun, especially for the price, but I have never shot one.

Last edited:

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I bought the CAI VZ-2008 from AIM Surplus at $499. It came with 5 mags, a four mag pouch, and some accessories. Four extra mags and a pouch usually run about $75. Several online suppliers have them.

I've only been to the range once with it. I really enjoy shooting it. It cycles 30 Carbine quick, when you here the bang the next round is chambered. I didn't have any issues, but I,ve only put 40 rounds through it.

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    VZ mags are actually tricky to find, and you may want to google search "VZ Gremlin" - regarding an unknown reason that causes FTF's. "Fixes" have been touted as anything from a solid cleaning to replacing various parts, but its frequent enough to be called "The VZ Gremlin"

other than mine that had the FTF recently, its an incredible rifle and I can't praise it high enough. Shoot one before you buy if you get that opportunity- its really something special.

LNSvince

Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    May 10, 2011
    Denham springs
    I own 2 of them....... 1 Folder and 1 straight stock.

$400 For a rifle and 5 mags / pouch, you will not pick up an AK for a while ! YOU BEST grab one now.
    That's a feeaking Unbelievable price !

Ive heard that If tension is removed from the trigger spring [ only by accident or wear of course ] it will Auto fire until the trigger is released.

Ive heard that IF the spring is weak, when you pull the trigger then release, you will get a 3 round burst every time.

Last edited:

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    Thanks for the feedback. $399 for a rifle and 5-30 rnd mags seems fair in todays market, I just wanted to hear some positive reviews from some owners,

Thanks

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I own 2 of them....... 1 Folder and 1 straight stock.

$400 For a rifle and 5 mags / pouch, you will not pick up an AK for a while ! YOU BEST grab one now.
    That's a feeaking Unbelievable price !

Ive heard that If tension is removed from the trigger spring [ only by accident or wear of course ] it will Auto fire until the trigger is released.

Ive heard that IF the spring is weak, when you pull the trigger then release, you will get a 3 round burst every time.

Who has them with a pouch & 5 mags for $400? AIM Surplus still has the $499 deal, mine came with more accessories than they have listed (probably means they will run out of cleaning kits & blank firing devises). Centerfire Systems $400 deal incudes only one mag.

Also Aim lists individual mags at $15.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    Mine is sitting at the Metairie UPS right now waiting to go out to FFL Monday. I was actually in Greenville 2 weeks ago and was going to pick one up. They sold out the day I was there, got more the day I left so I ordered.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Mine is sitting at the Metairie UPS right now waiting to go out to FFL Monday. I was actually in Greenville 2 weeks ago and was going to pick one up. They sold out the day I was there, got more the day I left so I ordered.

Good luck, I hope your pleased with it!

A friend and I each orderd one, and were very pleased. The pictures show a mag in the gun with the paint all worn off the edges. When we opened ours we were looking at 10 unissued mags, most still in plastic.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Anyone else place an order with PSA? It's been over a week since I have and it's status is still shown as "processing".
    I've ordered other items from PSA in the past. Historically, it's out their door in a couple of days....

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Anyone else place an order with PSA? It's been over a week since I have and it's status is still shown as "processing".
    I've ordered other items from PSA in the past. Historically, it's out their door in a couple of days....

You've been lucky. I've had it take as long as three weeks to ship from them. That's more their normal.

thatguy

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 17, 2011
    Franklinton, La
    They were in the middle of switching computer systems when I ordered mine. It sat at "processing" for 2 weeks, then shipped and arrived in 2 days.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    I just ordered one of these and looking forward to receiving it. The youtube videos show that its easy to take apart and clean and seems to shoot well. I figure its a good deal with 5 magazines and a bayonet which makes the rifle around $320 if you figure $20/magazine.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I just ordered one of these and looking forward to receiving it. The youtube videos show that its easy to take apart and clean and seems to shoot well. I figure its a good deal with 5 magazines and a bayonet which makes the rifle around $320 if you figure $20/magazine.

my thoughts exactly, I saw somewhere online has magazines for $16/each, I just forgot where

Top Bottom