no 5 mk 1

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    so this is what the cz i sold a little while back paid for

bought it from a friend in need of cash

the stock is straight and strikes me as odd as i dont see many

also, not so many markings.

CAM01399.jpgCAM01400.jpgCAM01401.jpg

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    nope, got it friday, worked all weekend, i have this next sunday morning off so i would LOVE to take some of the 140 rounds i have out to shoot. Hope the swamp is open.

I was hoping to learn more of this specific rifle, i know its legit, the details such as lightening cuts are there.

Also i am wondering if the repro bayonet is worth the price, as in decent steel and fit to the rifle.

I see that no5 as your avatar

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Nice looking rifle. Congrats on the find. I do dearly love the two Enfield No.1 MK3's I have, a 1917 dated ShtLE and a 1943 Lithgow SMLE. Maybe I will be fortunate enough to run into a No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine one day. Keep us informed of the research for its authenticity. Sounds like the real deal so far. Congrats again. More photos please.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I have one of the repro bayonets. Its ok. I'd still like to have an original. I paid less than $20 for the repro so why not...

What is your manufacture date?

The real question on a #5 is whether it will hold a zero. Also, I assume you are recoil tolerant :) I've been toying with the idea of picking up a sandable recoil pad and trying to make it fit.

I picked up a Rhodesian sling from Andy's Leather. I like it a lot better than the original. http://www.andysleather.com/#!product/prd1/1346151421/rhodesian-sling%2C-for-your-scout-or-hunting-rifle.

TheKeg81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nice looking rifle. Congrats on the find. I do dearly love the two Enfield No.1 MK3's I have, a 1917 dated ShtLE and a 1943 Lithgow SMLE. Maybe I will be fortunate enough to run into a No.5 MK1 Jungle Carbine one day. Keep us informed of the research for its authenticity. Sounds like the real deal so far. Congrats again. More photos please.

Just wanted to let you know, this guy still has some No. 5 MK1's. Seems to have quite a bit in stock now as compared to when I bought mine over a month ago.

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    Congats on the nice carbine! Lack of markings seems to be common on Mk 5s. A friend has one built in 1946, it was a Korean war trade/bring back. It does not have many markings either. It is marked "ENGLAND". My 1987 Indian Mk 3 has markings and serial numbers everywhere.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Im more interested about the stock, i dont see much about it, they typically have a slight recurve behind where the hand goes by trigger.

The stock is straight. As far as the carbine itself i know its legit, it feels good and shoulders well.

I'm interested to about this wandering zero, a lot of collectors report no such issues.

Rgates

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Your No5 Mk1 looks very good. They are fun to shoot. Your buttstock, however, has been modified. Regardless of lengths, the Enfields had the 'scant' pistol grip. Somewhere along the line someone decided he liked the straight stock look. If you wanted the carbine to look original, the buttstock could be replaced. But if you are happy with it, shoot it and enjoy. You have a really nice little rifle.

ericlosh

Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    Slidell LA
    Thanks rg!

Poking around the interwebs on other forums had me come to that conclusion as well, it feels fine and im not so worried about

i STILL need to shoot it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom