HAS ANYONE HAD ISSUES USING FREEDOM MUNITIONS (new) 9MM 115GR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Thanks, I did.
    All of the info seems to be around 2012
    I did see some in mid-2015, but was wondering if any current reviews were available.
    Thanks again for reply.

RustyHammer

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    NOLA
    I've shot about 500 rounds of the new and reman 9mm 115 grain cartridges without any issues (in my CZ 75B). Accurate, clean and consistent for me.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I have probably shot 4k of new 115 gr 9mm from them in the past year and 2k of reman. No issues with either and I now buy all my ammo from them.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I'm just starting to use Freedom reman, have been shoting some 38spcl with no problems, and am waiting on some 115gn 9mm to see how it does. I've heard good things about them, mostly on the Glock forum I'm on, and other than an occasional FTF or other problem mentioned, usually like 1/1000 of rounds, they seem to get high grade from what I've seen. We'll see, I'll report back in a month or two after I've gotten through a good amount myself. Hoping for the best!

ncwg2boatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    I have had nothing but good results from freedom munitions guys. I even use the brass trade credit and they always go boom. The 308 Amax ammo is stellar. Holding 2 MOA @ 500 yds.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Well, since this thread got brought back up, and I see in my previous post I said I'd report back, here's my report back. I've been using Freedom for almost 100% of our ammo for the last 8 months or so. Only recently have we had any issue, but it is a gun issue, probably not the ammo. My wife got a new HK VP9 and she has had various feed and ejection issues. I gave her some steel case ammo to shoot, and it really doesn't like that at all. We don't shoot much of the steel, but I had a few boxes and figured I'd give that to her so she didn't have to bother picking up brass (I'm planning on reloading soon, so collecting brass has become an obsession of mine, to her disdain--but she likes to shoot a lot to, sooooo....). Anyway, we had a steel case stick in the barrel, had to push the ejector open just to pull the slide back. Disassembled the gun to get the barrel out and put some pliers on the case to get it out of the barrel. When we did, saw the case was split the length of it, which explains why it was stuck in the barrel, as it had expanded and being steel didn't flex enough to pull out easily.

But again, I'm not sure we can blame Freedom Ammo for that or any of her FTEs. We've seen online the VP9 can be picky about ammo, so I've bought some other ammo just for her to shoot with that gun to see what will work. We were shooting 115grn, so I got some 124 & 147 for her, and see if that works better. So far, it has, but she still has had a couple of FTEs. We'll see if the gun breaks in and stops acting up, and then I'm going to try some Freedom 124 or 147 ammo for her if it does, see if that works better. No steel, though, that's for sure. I'll shoot up the rest of the steel in my Glock maybe, it seems to shoot anything, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore of it. Sticking with brass for now on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom