Looking into becoming a wildlife agent or park ranger

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    I got an email back from the Baton Rouge office saying my application was forwarded to the hiring manager for the screening process, but that was about a month ago and that was my last contact. I know they can take a while to respond but at this point I'm not definitely not holding out for it.

Keep us posted.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Not really LE but I also applied to be an armed neighborhood patrol officer with a private security company in NOLA yesterday. Not sure how it'll go since I currently don't have any armed security certifications (unless they count a CHL), but a couple friends in the area said I should apply anyway since I'm otherwise well qualified and they may be willing to help me get one since apparently they really need people now.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Not really LE but I also applied to be an armed neighborhood patrol officer with a private security company in NOLA yesterday. Not sure how it'll go since I currently don't have any armed security certifications (unless they count a CHL), but a couple friends in the area said I should apply anyway since I'm otherwise well qualified and they may be willing to help me get one since apparently they really need people now.

How are you well qualified if you have no training? How did you only have two years military? What was your MOS?

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    How are you well qualified if you have no training? How did you only have two years military? What was your MOS?

I was a 15F aircraft electrician. As for my discharge that's a long and personal story I won't get into, but it was honorable.

Yes I know it's far from the the most impressive service record but it still counts for something. I've personally known guys who never had any military, security, or firearms experience become armed security or even police officers.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was a 15F aircraft electrician. As for my discharge that's a long and personal story I won't get into, but it was honorable.

Yes I know it's far from the the most impressive service record but it still counts for something. I've personally known guys who never had any military, security, or firearms experience become armed security or even police officers.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

Ok thanks for the reply good luck with your job.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? I would have never guessed.

Probably not

WrenchGuy

ARmed ARtisan
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    Slidell, Louisiana
    I was a 68F Aircraft Electrician (Army)...its opened a lot of doors for me, mostly industrial maintenance for the last 20+ years, though never really considered any LEO work back then.

If you have an A&P certifications (I don't, wish I had) then stay close to that with your LEO search, you may be able to find something in aviation within the state or national park services as its a specialized field.

Top Bottom