ATV pull behind disk set/ cultivator recommendations

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddrod

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 14, 2007
    Vacherie, LA
    Looking for a recommendation for a pull behind disc set / cultivator for a Grizzly 450. I am only looking to break the 1st 1-2 inches of soil to make a food plot with.

I have seen the Ground Hog Max one and it is interesting since there is no need an additional trailer to haul it and it is direct mounted to the ATV.

What do you all use?

Labeeman

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Just went through this whole process. We ended up getting a used "tarter brand " these appear to have the best rating from consumers and after getting it to our shop it does appear to be well built. We are a farming family and my old uncle knows a thing or two about plows and he gave it his seal of approval. The problem we have seen with all of them is they are too light to cut good so we will add weight. It's not that they won't chop the ground some, but do a much better job with the weight. The second advice I'll give you is to buy used. We went on Craig's list and found multiple ATV plows for sale. The one we bought sells for 1200.00 plus and we got it for 750.00. We did have to drive to look at them but it was worth it. I look forward to seeing what others say. The one you are looking at will probably work but I think you can do way better. There are plenty reviews on the internet. Good luck.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I have used the Ground Hog Max for a number of years and love it.

03b7vmrlyl36s3os8dam.jpg

Before:

gis2spq3o9ooehsqei7h.jpg

After:

shs87xl4n1p4yi5txuzq.jpg

Came back a week later and did one last run.

g7qrwkq639pr5y02fd0o.jpg

You can just keep going over and over it and it can look this good!

For a while I could not figure why the grass would not get any taller than this. Put out a camera and had tons of deer at night keeping it mowed down. If you look closely at the grass you will see where the tops have been nipped off by them.

31mmgp05re4y5c8klv6.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom